Sign in to follow this  
randomist

the colour of my car?

hi folks,

just been flicking through a few of the posts & came across one where they are talking about the best colour corrado & mentioned the colour "ice grey violet" was wondering what this colour looks like & if any members have this colour car & also a picture posted on the forum. the reason i'm asking is i've never seen one the same colour as mine which is light depending either purple, purpley/blue & even looks silvery/blue in some pictures. the log book says purple & i'll try to post a picture myself but i've only got a crappy camera phone & it doesn't really show the real colour of the car. must be one of the rarer colours coz i ain't seen one like it. in saying that the guy i bought it off told me he's just bought a vr6 the same colour! wonder if he'll swap?

cheers,gaz

i think i am i right in saying u can get the colour code off the sticker in the boot and then check it against the list of colours on here to get the exact name????

list is part of the buyers guide.....

oh, hi and welcome by the way!!!! :)

just checked the colour code & it's LK4U so it is indeed the ice grey violet pearl colour. as much as i love the colour i still think the nugget yellow cars look the best. was the colour a major issue when you guys we're buying your cars or we're you not fussed as long as you had a corrado!

oh & thanks for the welcome, this forum is mint!

wooo hoooo!!!! :D

i was right!!! i answered a question instead of asking one!!!! i'm learning!!!

i was dead set on a red one, tho i would have taken any colour just to get my first Rado.... :D

My first one (Tornado red 1.8 16V) I just fell in love with, I wasn't bothered what colour it was when I was looking for that one so it was a bonus that I liked it a lot.

When I was looking the second time, I wanted an Aqua blue G60 and ended up with just that in J-DUB...

After J-DUB got mildly bent I went to see any cars that WEREN'T Aqua blue so I didn't end up with 2 cars the same colour, but I was certain I wanted another pearl colour so I ended up with Pearl Grey (H-YYU) 8)

Ice Grey Violet pearl (or "Nice gay, Violent swirl" as it's been called by some ;) :lol: ) is a sweet colour which flips soooo nicely between looking kinda grey and nothing to a lovely violet colour which suits the car sooooo well... 8)

the first corrado i went to see was a nugget yellow 1.8 16v with full black leather & bbs wheels. looked lush when i first saw it but as i got nearer noticed loads of yellow overspray. the wheels were manky too but i still wanted it! the owner had the handles de-locked which i thought was cool till he popped it open then went & opened the boot & pulled a bit of clothes line to open the door! still wanted it though! then found out the leather seats were electric but weren't connected up so you had to lug a battery to the side of the car to adjust the f-n seats! and i still wanted it! good job my brother was there coz i had nugget yellow tinted specs on & convinced myself i could sort it for 50 quid! had give up hope of getting a decent corrado, they seem to be rare in the north east of england till i saw the i've got only 5 mile away! result! bought it straight away, just as i was looking at mr2's!

just checked the colour code & it's LK4U so it is indeed the ice grey violet pearl colour. as much as i love the colour i still think the nugget yellow cars look the best. was the colour a major issue when you guys we're buying your cars or we're you not fussed as long as you had a corrado!

oh & thanks for the welcome, this forum is mint!

Aye Nugget Yellow Rules 8)

Good to have another North East C Owner on the Forum!

Hello and Welcome!

Steve

cheers steve,

i see your from darlington, a gateshead lad myself. is there many north east c owners on the forum & do you ever meet up? always after picking someones brain for c related info. don't see many c up here, i've had mine since december & i've only seen maybe 6 or 7!

gaz

I am from durham way (ish)

but technically I havent had a road worthy corrado since 2 years gone march so the chances of seeing mine out and about are 'slim' to say the least

i wouldn't have the patience to take on something like that, if my car's off the road for more than a couple of days i'm demented! at least you've got your bike to play on, noticed quite a few c owners have bikes. got an ickle tzr ypvs at home which should be ready to play on next week. don't know how much i'll use it this year coz i love driving my corrado! do you have any idea when you hope to have her back on the road?

i live just off old durham rd near the bottom by the garage, my c is only a 2l 16v but i have seen a blue c round the same area. he was behind me a couple of weeks ago coming along durham rd but turned down just before the jolly miller so i'm not sure what model his is. where do you live & judging by the name your a rocco fan to? used to have a white gt before i got the c. still miss the old girl, wish i kept her!

Yeah I have had 3 roccos, white gt2, strom and a 1.6gl. Love em. Im just on durham road. So maybe it is your car i have seen.. Did your gt have a white sun strip?

no that one wasn't mine, seen it a few times. think that one belongs up carr hill rd. mine had pirelli p slots on & the front grill painted white. a lot of people have has rocco's then graduated to its younger bro, if i had somewhere to keep two cars i'd love blue rocco storm & vr6 rado! maybe one day?

yep know the feeling! BUt my mk1 project and rado will do for now. Hey you local lads should come along to the Club GTI meet over whitly bay. Brier dean pub every last sunday of teh month.....Or we should get a north east corrado meet going??

is there one on this sunday, might pop down if it is? have you got the rado & the mk1 on the road? what colour's your rado & would i have seen your mk1? saw a lush one this morning strangely enough, driving past the civic centre & over the tyne bridge.

yeah just saw the NE meet post, should be going if its on next Sunday. My mk1 isn’t on the road yet, waiting for its re-spray late summer. just going standard but smooth. cant wait!