Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

Lowering springs 40 or 60? what people find best?

Basically my two front top mounts are in need of changing, my suspension is standard at the moment and despirately needs lowering, so im thinkin surely makes sense to sort that out if need to take suspension apart ne way.

unless i can pick up some seriously bargain coilovers it looks like its going to be springs, what is the recomended drop 40 or 60? If i buy just springs do i need new bump stops and ne thing else?

How easy is this to do ur self? Ne pics of cars lowered 60 and 40 would be wicked thanks,

what i've always been told is 40 for handling, 60 for looks, but my vr is lowered 60mm and handles much better than my valver did dropped 40mm! guess it depends on the kit you buy too. are you planning on changing the dampers as well as the springs?

are you planning on changing the dampers as well as the springs?

Maybe but on a tight budget, the standard Bilstein dampers are pretty good iv been told, no?

I had standard bilstein shocks and 'ventura' springs on my valver which I bought as a 'lowering kit' from euro car parts, all I can say about them is AVOID! not sure if it was the springs or the dampers but it was bouncy as feck over bumps, not good. One thing i learned from that missadventure is you get what you pay for! have a look into H&R springs, they're a bit pricey but combined with koni dampers (which you could upgrade to in future) they're supposed to be the best ride availible for the corrado.

This is mine on H&R/Koni setup which is only 30/35mm drop but the ride is not compromised in any shape or form! Really wanted to maintain the ride quality - unfortunately they were'nt made a little lower but any drop on standard is a big plus!!

i got H&R -30mm springs on standard shocks the rear shocks are new though. handles pretty good can be abit bumpy on really bad roads though.

anyone know if a spring kit like this can be used with uprated dampers at a later point?

you can just buy springs but the ride will be very bouncy. you'll be looking at least 80 quid for a set of springs and you can pick up a full kit from about 190ish. spax start from around 250.

the ride will become harsher if your runner low profiles.

Go for the 40mm drop springs. Most manufacturers supply the same set of springs for all 4 cyl Corrados. G60's weigh more & will sit lower. 60mm lowering springs will drop your car almost to the floor - so it'll look like mine .. :D

The ride will be very bad with standard shockers - fit stiffer ones. Shorter shocker for G60's aren't available - std length is already short.

I've just got 40mm lowered green H&R springs and Koni Tas. They will be going on on sunday so i will post a pick with it done on 15s and 17s to give you an idea of the look. I've driven one with the same kit on and its tops! Not crashy but no body roll. Not cheap though, although i bagged nearly new springs for £70 which helped. Dampers were ny on £400, but thats on a VR.

If you want an alternative you could try the FK AK copilovers, seen those on ebay for £280 and small delivery charge. Its a german co that ive bought off of and were very pleased with there service they were excellent. Mixed review on the FK stuff i think but cant beat it on a budget mate, and its 50-90mm drop adjustable i thinks?

Blimmey Steve, every time i see the pick of your black baby it makes me think my panel fit is sh.t, it looks so right in that pick!

Said it before and I will say it again, the best compromise between looks, handling and comfort is the H&R's with Koni TA's.

Ran FK coilovers for a while and didn't like them.