Sign in to follow this  
ww-promo

NEW Corrado for VW??????

Was just pondering the web in my spare time @ work :roll: ......and came across this. Is it suppost to be the new corrado VW are thinking of releasing?? :o

Doesn't look anywhere near as nice as a proper C !!

What do you all think peeps??!

Am sure I've read somewhere that VW are actually doing a re-design...with some huge muscle under the hud...?!

(smart arse) :p

There's been a number of stories.

Inevitably, given the press's lamentable lack of imagination, every time VW comes up with something small-ish with two doors they start screaming "IS THIS THE NEW CORRADO!!??".

It's never true..

VW lost shed loads of cash on the Corrado. If they make another Coupe it will be MUCH more closely based on the Golf platform (and hence much cheaper!). And then it would step on the toes of the Seat Leon, tbh...

ww-promo, they showed a car at last years Motorshow at the NEC which was labelled as "concept C" which was a convertable coupe style car... I think it was based on the Passat chassis...

*edit - changed name from "project C" to "Concept C" *

its probably just the product of the vw desigers wondering what a convertable passat would look like over coffee and biscuits, thats certainly what it looks like rather than the 'new corrado'.

The Concept C is going in to production and I believe will be on sale in mid 2006, more Golf Convertible than Corrado though

I've got a copy of VW Motoring (March 1997) in front of me. The front page reads "New Corrado? First Pics"....and there's a picture of what appears to be a blue VW Bora. Riiiiiight.

DISGUSTING!

No doubt they will put a quick enough engine in, revolutionising the look of the C and keeping it popular for 10+ years is the difficcult bit.

Anyways wld a new Corrado devalue our classics or make them more desirable????????

depends if its a quality car that makes our models look like shit, or a total stinker :D

im all for a new corrado, but chances are we'll never seen one. it'll be a golf coupe. or a bora coupe.

Was/is there not a Skoda Coupe planned? Thats a slapped up golf and essentially what a new corrado would be if done? I rekon they would ditch the name, like Vauxhall they would just say Golf Coupe. IMO there will never be another Corrado (accept in like 80years when its trendy to use retro names like it is now)

marcus,

If they brought out a new Corrado I would have thought our's would go down in value and after a few years come back up again - same sort of thing happens when new top of the range 3 series are brought out - M3's especially

E30 M3's are usually worth more than the E36 M3's at similar mileage especially in Evo spec.

Probably will depend on how good a new Corrado could be - could have a VR8 in! in that case I'm off to the bank manager!