Sign in to follow this  
matthewb1985

2.0 16v bhp??

Nope. The standard VAG exhaust is pretty free-flowing, so if anything you can get a drop in torque if you use an over-bored pipe.

Think that's the MK3 Golf 2.0 16V engine that's 150bhp... IIRC, both the 1.8 and 2.0 valvers were 136bhp, but the 2.0 has more torque due to the increased capacity...

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure!

Displacement was increased to make up for the CAT on the later valvers, same BHP on both lumps though.

Cheapest mod I know of is to stick in the inlet cam from a 1.8 16V (KR) engine - it has higher lift and longer duration (valves open further and for longer :)) thus giving moe power... They can be picked up pretty cheaply too!

One thing I'll say with reagrds to more power out of the valver:

Search is your friend for this one. This topic has been brought up umpteen times, and thus there is a whole lot of information about it.

I have a kr cam forsale aswell!
still lol - my car is standard as far as i know - and im kicking 148bhp but standard are ushaly 136 - flusted is the cam already moded?

mistrall, The KR inlet cam needs no modification, just needs fitting.

matthewb1985, I have tried mine with cat and with cat bypass, I prefer it with the cat. More torquey and less of a raspy exhaust note. It is also legal. I would get a KR inlet cam and make sure everything is set up correctly i.e. ignition timing, and CO. At around 140,000 miles I replaced my injectors, this made as bigger difference as the cam. They cost around £120, but were well worth doing, they took about 20 minutes to fit. None of the mods I have done made a huge difference, so if you want a big increase in power you are better off with a G60 or VR6. Don't be put off the valver though, they are quick and very reliable too.