Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

To Modify or Not to modify - that is the question?

Yeah G60Renshaw's is also OEM+ IMHO as he retains a lot of the civility of the C without overt bling and major change, also a fine motor. Having said that, i would not include teh tt dash as OEM - even though i love it and i will also do the same when I have some more time & money. OEM+ is an update or tweak of the original, which does not include major body or engine mods, eg a vsr would be OEM+ but a supercharger would not qualify.

nice - thats a mega thumbs up for OEM+ then :D

its definately the way to go. heavy styling of the corrado is IMO just not necessary and again IMO is only done to be 'different'

The amount of times I have heard 'yeah but thats been done'

And? If its been done, then you will know whether it works before you deface your car!

Now that I think about it the majority of these hideous creations are bourne out of a need to do something that no one else has done before - well no one else might have done it, because it looks rubbish!

Thought for the day.

:D

so true.

I'd like to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"..........but they are corrado's, so they are always broken and need fixing!

washer jets removed because I kept getting polish stuck around them.

function over form

Think that's a bit of a contradiction mate ;)

it seems that most of us spend most of our money on trying to recapture the driving feeling that the first owners of our cars when they drove away from the vw showroom! imagine driving a brand new corrado it must have been amazing!! i hope when im done it will feel somewhere like that!! after spending several days in the vw parts dept ordering obscure clips for absolutely every thing im sure it will!

edit: ive just realised im one of those people that talks about there own corrado all the time!!

mmmmm I dont think thats why I do it. New cars tend to have no soul. I do it because the car that I want has never been made, so I have to create it myself.

I'm with the Renshaw and Phat all the way on modding..... i.e. I love the Corrado but it just needs some modern refinements to keep it competitive in the performance stakes, and nicer to drive and sit in.

On the outside nothing needs changing what so ever, apart from the tiny rims and Massey Ferguson ride height....

Having just been for a lunchtime blast in mine I tend to agree! :) Even though it has nothing in other than a seat and a steering wheel at the mo! :)

Jay

gotta say i prefer the oem+ way of styling BUT my mate (maddub) has a wide arched 1.8t raddo and in pics the kit dont look that nice but in person the car looks really really nice i think its to do with the fact he has just done everything to it and all the mods just seem to come together so nicely.

I like my RS bumper, function over form, it was initially bought because the FMIC was planned to cool the chrger air but to date the Corrado kit hasn't been released but the OEM+bumper is in waiting and ready to accept a nice FMIC

Chris

we will let off then, although its only 'proper' OEM+ when the bumper has a valid function :D

Why dont you build your own intercooler setup?

def oem+

change of rims, drop it abit,poss bit of debadging/colour coding.then maybe subtle interior mods steering wheel/gearknob. decent audio setup but not like you got a nightclub in your car then just tune the engine up.

thats my opinion not gospel of course.

Subtle styling is the best i dont think RS4 bumpers and skirts give a totally modified look but at the same time add an awesome effecdt esp if the car is lowered on big wheels :)