Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

the envy. Bodyshop progress.

those white walls look fookin pimp! is it an original G40? i do miss mine! :(

the VR looks really well, im diggin them porsche rims wouldnt mind a set for mine instead of the D90's. but got plenty of time to do stuff to it, in no mad rush.

Took some new pics of the car as it is now back at g-werks. Couple of things wrong with it, but nothing that cant be sorted out easily enough. The car needs to go back to the bodyshop after the new engine goes in for a final polish so the few defects can be seen to then.

Really really pleased with the results though. It's gonna look proper nice when its all fitted back together!

ooh, and what's this we have here???

IMG_2148.jpg

Starting to get excited about the damn car again now. Going to Ultimate Dubs has made me want the car back! After 14 months my enthusiasm had started to dwindle....

Damn you Dub Envy - my favourite rims EVER! Looking really smart indeed, i'm just more than green with envy :salute:

Blimey, it's been a while since this thread saw the light of day!! :D

Yeah I still have the car. It's been sat around in various different units for a couple of years. It's now gone to a different bodyshop to have all the work rectified that was quite frankly sh!t. it's been at a diffent place since october '09, which has now just been bought out by g-werks to become paint-werks. Work started on it last week and is looking pretty good! Hopefully will be back in next door at g-werks in a few weeks for the R32 conversion.

As for the Polo, no it's not original. I converted it from GT to G40. That car has been sat on my mums drive for 4 years now with a melted piston. It's got a layer of moss growing over it! She needs it gone, and has given me two months!! The other half has just bought herself a TT convertible so am thinking that the S3 is gonna have to go... not only do I need the room, but I could do with the money to fix the polo. Have just bought myself a citroen nemo and want to do some work on that but have promised myself that I cant do anything until the Audi S3 has gone...

As for the Corrado I am still unsure what to do with the wheels... The splits are gonna cost a bit to get looking good again, although they will be cheaper to refurb than the plans I had for porsche 6 pots and 18's!

Have pretty much forgotten what corrado ownership is like. I was alking to a friend at work the other day who has only been on the company for 4 years, and he doesnt believe I have the car as ever since hes known me I've been telling him the car is at a bodyshop!!

Will try and get some pics of the car in it's current state this week...

Have just bought myself a citroen nemo ...

:lol: What the feck is that!?! :lol:

Have just bought myself a citroen nemo ...

:lol: What the feck is that!?! :lol:

Lol! I've wanted one since they were released in '08! It's brilliant! Not the fastest of things to be driving though.. 1.4 HDI 5 speed, 70bhp. I've only driven the S3 once this year. Got the Nemo in December last year and have done 3k in it so far. I'm loving 70mpg!!

IMG_2373.jpg

I'm eventually going to get the plastics colour coded, 17's, coilovers, and chrome side bars. Should look pretty cool.

Be good to see the Corrado progress, with the speed Paint werks turned around Darren's R32 you could be onto a winner!

My mate, sorry to hear the Polo is in a sad state :(

Just found this video from 2004 of the Polo Show. My 9n is at 55 seconds and yours is at 58 seconds :lol:

The Polo must have still been a GT then as it has the extra lamps in the grill. I couldnt use that grill as the lights got in the way of the boost pipes with the g40. Looked nice there. Think is was on 15in Pslots in 2004. Then it went a little silly with white walls and chrome tat.

Yeah it was definately a GT then, if I remember rightly I sold that grille to you :lol:

I remember the P Slots. They were like Rocking Horse Poo if I remember correctly?

Went to G-Werks with the other half on friday to get her TT serviced so grabbed some pics of the rado..

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

Getting completely re-done. Rear arches have had extra work to bring them out more inline with the bumper. All the dents that were left by the previous bodyshop are being sorted... I am getting the bay completely smoothed and re-painted too.

Hopefully this will be the last time it needs to be painted! I'm starting to get a little excited again about this car. Had lost that feeling about it a long time ago now...

The total cost for both bodyshops will be in excess of 6k :shock: Insurance company stumped up 2.5k though. Yeah, I know, I've been a little ripped off. :(

im confused now.. is this still the same car that went away because you pranged the front end into a polo? or another one... what was wrong with the bodywork from the last spot? last i read you were pleased with it? im confused.. lol

Yeah, same car. I was pleased with the paint at first. I think it was just excitment about getting it back all shiney! But the more I looked at it, the more was wrong. The rear panel and bumper still had dents in them, so did both doors. All the mods that had been done to the body had sunk and were very visible. There were still marks on the roof and bonnet where it had got some chips... the list went on... and on.

It went back to the bodyshop 3 times to be sorted, and I feel that they just lost interest in it. So I moved it to another bodyshop to be re-done. This time hopefully properly. I have seen chris' previous work and hope that it comes out as good.

i see said the blind man... thought i had missed a chapter somewhere lol. hopefully it will come back spot on this time then! it wants to considering the amount of money you have put in lol

Would you look at that. You're just down the road from me :)

I'd love a black corrado, I love black cars!

i see said the blind man... thought i had missed a chapter somewhere lol. hopefully it will come back spot on this time then! it wants to considering the amount of money you have put in lol

tell me about it... if it's anything less than perfect I'll be disappointed.

Would you look at that. You're just down the road from me :)

I'd love a black corrado, I love black cars!

Yeah, moved to Aldershot nearly 3 years ago. My Corrado is yet to see my nice new garage I have for it!

Oh, and it's blue. :lol:

thats crazy seeing it stripped again, seen it go full circle now without even you getting it back... hope paint werks make it a proud job and make sure you get the porsche spilts on it,,, im sure daz could paint them up for you too to keep costs down on the refurb

Yeah, same car. I was pleased with the paint at first. I think it was just excitment about getting it back all shiney! But the more I looked at it, the more was wrong. The rear panel and bumper still had dents in them, so did both doors. All the mods that had been done to the body had sunk and were very visible. There were still marks on the roof and bonnet where it had got some chips... the list went on... and on.

It went back to the bodyshop 3 times to be sorted, and I feel that they just lost interest in it. So I moved it to another bodyshop to be re-done. This time hopefully properly. I have seen chris' previous work and hope that it comes out as good.

I know what you mean, similar thing happened to me now the roof and bonnet (where it had been resprayed) have glazed up and would require respray to sort out. I've been told when they do a respray the new primer can react with the original primer or zinc coating.

How you doing Furkz?

im alright mate hows you mail me when you get a chance ghettostylz AT gmail DOT com we need to meet up (overdue)

Update: no progress!

Apparently the bay is being prepped this week ready for paint.

I'm now having delimas as to what colour to paint the car. Still really like Moonlight blue but also am liking VW eos brown. Think I'm swaying towards keeping it the standard colour. After all, it ain't a bad looking colour!!

Anyway should hopefully have some pics of the bay in 2 or 3 weeks. Probably not though as people seem to be dragging their heels doing my car.