Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Stealth

I've decided to take my car up to Stealth for a roller set-up and to cure my pinking, plus sort out my camber and generally give the car a good all check over.

Its a long way for me, so i was just wondering if anyone else was considering or have a booking for their C and we could match days. Mainly so i'll have someone to talk to rather than walking round like a numpty all day on my own in the middle of nowhere!!!! arrrrhhhh

and maybe pin me down when it goes on the rollers!

They said they can pretty much do any day in August and so can I.

I'll even buy you lunch if you'll be my friend for the day....... :lol: :lol:

My car is booked in for the 19th for some fault finding, hope they can get it to run right. european cars are new to me so it would be good to talk to a fellow owner

I will be booking in for a service one Monday mid/late August. Little bit early for 10k or 12 months but I am feeling paranoid about just about everything after finding you lot!!!

I know what you mean Scarlet.

I thought that C's were bulletproof till i joined this forum. now I drive along waiting for the next thing to break.

I know what you mean Scarlet.

I thought that C's were bulletproof till i joined this forum. now I drive along waiting for the next thing to break.

*cough* That's Butterfly mate ;)

Thats a shame Yandards, yeah I've got to wait until pay day buddy!! SOB

Looks like ill try and catch up with Matt or Butterfly unless we can all get booked in on 19th? Is that august mate?

Im worried about the bill for this trip! But cant resist the Stealth factor after all the glowing praise. And as Butterfly says, I drove my car round like a grinning idiot until i joined the forum, now i think everythings falling to peices!

Ahh paranoia is a wonderful thing...for Stealth :lol:

You were pooping your pants over those chains Nick, but there wasn't a sausage of sound from them.

Dinkus, yeah but you said and I quote "no mate, thats all tappet noise".

Prob even more expensive ! Well on the no paranoya (spelling?) front its failed a pre mot on......

Rear bump stops (missing completely!)

Rear axel bushes (just bought them from vag)

Front wishbone bushes (still pondering powerflex option)

Shocks (need the drop anyway)

And my cambers out because my new tyres are disapearing rather fast!

Headlight (which wont come out!)

and the pinking is real.

My main paranoya is that it doesnt run right without a supercharger or VGI !

Mate, that list is all easily sorted and to be expected from a 10 year old car..... if you do the bushes and konis/H&Rs it'll feel like a different car.

I think you told me a while back i may have rubage with 215s on 8x17s at the back though? Thats my only worry, apart from the bill from stealth that is!

Im planning on taking up the suspension kit and all the bits or is it best to get them to supply the lot? (apart from the rear axel bushes i've already bought) and i think my front top mounts were done by vag only 15k ago, but it feels well crashey at the font with the 17s on now.

Am i looking at around the grand mark for a day at stealth and the susp kit and maybe a cam sensor or 2?

It will feel crashey on 17s dude.....wait until the weather gets colder and it'll feel worse.

My speedlines are going back on for the winter as the 50 profile rubber is more comfy on rock hard frozen tarmac.

Take what you've got along and get them to get the rest, they're quite competetive on most things.

If you're going for the cooler, suspension, cam sensor, dyno runs, diagnostic work etc etc then yes, it will be around the 1K mark mate. Good money spent imo....

215s....yes they will catch the rear archs over big bumps if you lower the car. 205s are fine on 8Js and barely any any narrower than 215s....but they don't rubbage.....

Nice one, cheers Kev. (where are your RH's btw, BBS's now?, your RH1's would solve my problem.....lol ?)

Supercharged has my RH ZW1s now and yeah, I've got 17" BBS RXs, which are such an OE looking rim 8)

You can get the ZW1s from http://www.dtmotorsport.co.uk mate. They come in either polished alloy or stainless dish plates....and for better prices than you might think... give em a call and speak to John.

ah, nick that reminds me of a fav line

"just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you" :lol:

I am now booked in on 05/08 if anyone fancies meeting up.

I'm looking at a horrible bill as im going for Kev's suspension set up, which comes out at a big ouch compared to FK stuff. But running 8x17s the FK stuff lowers it too much.

THE BIG QUESTION! Whos had a RR before? I wanted to watch and video it but my mate reckons i'll probably start crying so its best to leg it when it goes on. Is this true?

Just stick it on the rollers.. i've RR'd my 16v (twice), my G60 (twice) and even my bloody Saxo. I've never seen a car go pop on the rollers in all the RR days i've been to!

Its worth it just to hear the VR6 rumbling through the floor.. believe me! :)

Mine's been rollered about 6 or 7 times mate, it's nothing to fear. It's purely because all the noise is contained inside the building and you forget your engine is making that noise on the motorway all the time anyway.....the wind and tyre noise mask it.

You either cack yourself or love it when you first hear a VR come on the cam at 4K on the rollers..... I suspect you'll fudge your cecks!

I suspect you'll fudge your cecks!
:lol:

get a mate to video it then nick, so we can watch your reaction at the same time

I was speaking to the man at Star and hes never seen a car blow up on the rollers,you will see them place a fan in front of the car for cooling and they dont thrash them anyway as its a nice steady rise in revs.

chubbz