Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

bigger=better?

cant decide on a front spoiler i like the 90mm but it just gets eaten all the time every ti9me theres a slight bump so should i go for the 50mm im about to go to gpc and my brain wont work!! :D

Go 50mm pal. whats the point in a 90mm when it keeps going bump in the night ?....50 looks just as good, its cheaper,less drag as 16v as pointed out....you know it makes sense rodders.

50mm will actually cause more drag not reduce it!!!!

Whole point of the front spoiler is to deflect airflow from the high drag region underneath the engine/car body!!

The larger the gap between the bottom af the spolier and the road, the higher the volume of airflow beneath the car from the leading edge: therefore more drag!!!

As crude an aerodynamic device as they are, they actually work prety well!

Agreed and the more air that gets under the car, and in particular the arches, the more lift you get.....which is why some supercars have slits cut in the wings to relieve lift pressure.....but the Corrado is no 200mph car, but I hope you get the point!

The C's rear spoiler disturbs the air flow, which also helps reduce lift.

I much prefer the 90mm spoiler. It gives the front a beefier look (as my avy testifies) compared to the skinny little 50mm job, which gives the nose a 'pinched' look when viewed side on.

Bigger is always better :lol: My missus agrees too :wink:

well my bra arrived today and it covers the spoiler too so i think im going to go small as it will look fine when its covered and i dont want to catch the bra on the floor as itll rip!

Bra? I do hope it's a lovely black wonder bra?

Bras are for squeezing together a nice pair.... I'm not really doing this vinyl bonnet protect mallarky....you should get yourself some transparent film that coppers use instead my man......

personally i'd go big, makes the car look lower at the front, I know what you mean about catching bumps though, mine does it everywhere and i'm loath to shell out for a new one when I know its just going to split and crack like this one has

yes kev a Bra to stop the chips (not the motorcycle riding cops) when shes resprayed i dont like the plastic stuff it always discolours and looks mank even if it says guaranteed to not discolour! there lying i tell ye! i think ill go small fo general use and big when the mood takes me!