Sign in to follow this  
jonocos

Never seen another one.

Just finished chatting to my brother on the phone about cars and we were remembering the day we saw our first G60 Corrado.

It would have been 1990 and the car was a colour i have not seen again on a Corrado.

It is the same colour that was on the last Mk2 Golf GTI. A very bright metalic blue.

Does anyone know the colour name and is it rare?

The car was brand new and as far as i remember it was one of the first in the UK.I never saw it without its private plate so dont know reg.

It had Recaro leather interior and colour coded BBS alloys.

mine was a nugget yellow 16v owned by a guy down the road he had it from new again around 1990 it was absolutely stunning!

Think Monza was a bit more Green and was on earlier 16v Mk2s.This was more like a Ford Imperial Blue or Impreza Blue

A very bright metalic blue.

Not a UK brochure colour for 1988 to 1991 but that does not rule out VAG doing a batch or it being an import.

Nothing like that in the brochure but on 1986/87 Scirocco's Tornado red wasn't in the brochure yet there are quite a few and they aren't old stock previous year cars. Maybe someone resprayed it, it has been known on a reletievely new car.

The brochure colours are all dark colours. But the fische lists other blues for the European market.

Definately brand new car and not resprayed.

Possibly import and converted to right hand drive?Was this ever done?

Owner previously owned a Left hand drive UR Quattro that was No.3 in the Uk and is still in the dealers collection in Perth.

She traded that car in for the C so it could have been an import again as the Quattro was supplied by same dealership.

Isn't the Mk2 GTI on ebay in Kingfisher Blue, available on later UK GTIs but very rare. I don't think it was available on the Corrado though, I could be wrong though....

Ady

Here are the blues listed for 88 to 91.

helios blue, strato blue, blue pearl, aqua blue, inka blue, midnight blue, limoge blue. Obviously one or two are darker blues.

Use joebloggsvr69 link to see if any match your memory.

I thought Kingfisher was an Audi colour?

Checked the reference list of colours and none of them are the same.

Corrado was definately the same colour as the Golf i found on Ebay.

It looked stunning especially with the colour coded wheels, i will try to find some photos of it but i dont hold out much hope as it was a while ago now.

Will see if i can contact the dealer and see if i can find out for sure, if it is a non standard colour in this country then surely someone would remember it.

Would love to find out where it went.

jonocos,

Slightly OT here but car looks good mate, what is it G60 / 16V / VR6 ? Looks like MiM 1100 alloys on her too with the locking centre caps, had a set of them a while back too and haven't ever seen another set. Any more photo's ?

Cheers

BigTartanmTimmeh

bright blue mettalic?

pretty sure theres some lads on cgti got mk2's in this colour,never seen it on a c my self :shock:

neil.

Could have been Inca blue like mine. It does look very bright in certain lights? Pic below was on a cloudy day though

***mod edit - pic thumbnailed - stevemac***

BigTT the car is a 16v m8 and the wheels are RW 7X15 that i originally had on my mk2 16v.

More pics of the car in the gallery.

Went to the dealer today and was told that the person who probably sold the car still works there but was off today so i will try to pop in later or early next week.

Seen a few Inca Blue Cs but thats not the colour.Beginning to think it was definately an import.

The plot thickens

"mod-edit-pic thumbnailed" - :oops:

It's just so that the pages display properly in 1024x768 resoloution. Wide pictures distort the thread pages & also take ages to download for those people still on 56k connections. The pages load much faster if the piccys are thumbnailed.

That’s the best mk2 colour! Almost got one once but the engine was a dog! Nearly let the colour sway me despite the engine lol

A Corrado in this colour would be ace, would even change my idea of getting a nugget yellow one for my summer car for such a colour (wont be gtiing said nugget for a few years yet like.