Sign in to follow this  
EnthusiasticEdward

VW Mk1 GOLF Convertibles!!!!

Hi I have recently been thinking why certain people prefer a Convertible over a normal Mk1 Golf..

..Personally I think that although these are lovvvvely cars, in the convertible form they do kind of suit the women then the men....

what do you guys think?....Would you prefer to be seen in a convertible or a "normal"?

I know I could just not drive a convertible in public! :wink:

I think the clipper was produced for much longer than the mk1 itself (someone correct me if i'm wrong though!) meaning theres more late examples about and they're probably an easier base for a project being a bit newer. Personally i'd prefer a normal mk1, although i've seen some very very nice clippers.

I think this is an all time cool and classic car. However i would not have one. I think that they have got a bit of an image problem. Round here it tends to be a bit of a hairdressers car. If anyone is reading this and owns one, i dont mean to cause offence to you. just my opinion. Edward, depends on your own taste at the end of the day. I say wait, save up and get yourself a Corrado.

BTW, the clipper is reputedly pose value only. they dont move very well as they didnt benefit from the GTi power. As a result, a second hand clipper will be cheaper. The GTi's are fetching high prices right now. Stick to a Corrado EnthusiacticEddy.

I would like a Corrado soon...but still searching

A friend of mine had a Corrado he bought from London. It was a 16 valver in the same colour as yours DelVR6. But I tell you guys, never trust a cockney car sales man!! HE did my friend over like a kipper..All sorts of things started falling off...

Once one of the handles to adjust the seat came off, so my friend being a plonker took it to one of his mechanics "Gary" and he used a silicon gun and glued it in! Lmao

All sorts of things started falling off...

thats just a typical raddo mate...they all fall apart...gotta love em