Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Who's the Daddy, Haywire??????

What's up with you Tom? It's not like you haven't got one aswell :lol: I was on the phone to them last night mate, they're just having a crack 8)

I'm just a little more patient :wink:

Yeah mine's out of the box Paul, but it's not as shiney as yours though!

get it on then Kev...what are you hanging around for....not scared of the power ar you? :D

LOL..."the power" always makes me think of He Man doing his routine with the sword, only this time instead of pointing it at battle cat, he pointed it at my engine :D

I haven't got time to fit it until next weekend :cry:

get it on then Kev...what are you hanging around for....not scared of the power ar you? :D

Hanging around? to be fair to kev - i only picked mine up from work at 7pm and the pics were taken at 10pm so he'd struggle to get it on that quick - blame chrisvrnos - he turned up and wouldn't leave until we'd had a play in the garage with the bits- didn't plan to do it all but we were fuelling on 4x again

Fair play for getting in on so quick though (alcholol helps!) Paul. I'm going to get a new sump and do the oil return that way. Reason being my existing one is rusty and dented to hell, so might aswell lash a new un on for the sake of £30 odd quid...

So all being well, next saturday is D Day :lol:

Dont need to read this sitting down to a fridays work.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JELOUS that im starting to worry that i sit on the 4 th floor, cry, sniff, sob 190bhp pah.......

BTW Kev - just spoke with raj as the charger is chattery on normal idle - seems very quiet on choke but when the idle settles, theres more noticeable noise. He's certain this settles and is just the gearbox bedding in so i s'pose got to take him at his word.....

you'll probable find the plant pot hard to locate as well - i think mines coming off this afternoon - and the rubber connection fittings are a cnut - so tight!!!

There's definately certain things that are difficult with only one pair of hands - i would advise having a helper when you fit yours. - i think i'll do a list and take the info back to the original thread........

Cheers Paul, the supplied instructions aren't that great, so I'd appreciate any pearls of wisdom you and Nosky can offer....

How did you get on with the 18" pipe for moving the MAF away from the charger inlet?

i take it your referirng to the corrugated reinforced bit?

Haven't fitted it -the MAF is direct onto the charger inlet pipe and then onto the K&N flowerpot - which is very tight - if the corrugated bit was added, bringing the flowerpot down to the front of the valance, it is so big it would hang way below the valance. will tinker more today

Er so does that does make Saturday VD Day? :? :wink:

Does that mean your cars got the POX Kev :lol:

Yeah the corrigated bit, if you flick through the CD rom instructions and have a look at the pics, you'll see what I mean. They sort of bend it round on itself with the MAF at the end of it. I think it's to prevent stalling but if yours hasn't stalled yet, you might not need it.

it wasn't fitted cos i was pi55ed off and tired - it does stall so will be getting fitted but the flowerpot will probably have to come off.......

i've sent mine the other way toward the front to hopefully get more irflow - its totally transformed the cars running from stalling constantly to running smoothly - i know thats why the flexi is there but was surprised the difference it made

Yep if you don't get the maf far enough away from the charger intake it sees too much air and causes bad running/stalling. It will also stall if the diverter valve isn't plumbed in due to the same problem.