Sign in to follow this  
andy

Sunroofs Early and Late

I've just received a sunroof from a seller on Egay. It was advertised as later type, yet it has a different looking motor (with only three wires instead of six) and therefore a different connector, also a new style motor won't fit to the bought sunroof chassis. Is the three wire type an early roof? etc etc?

Might have a sunroof for sale soon!

Not sure of the difference between them. But if its not gonna work on yours then I might be interested :D

do you reckon the reason that im getting no bids and the one a few items down is on £72 is because the ad is worded stupidly?..honest opinion?...tis a funny old place ebay!

do you reckon the reason that im getting no bids and the one a few items down is on £72 is because the ad is worded stupidly?..honest opinion?...tis a funny old place ebay!

Seems fine to me mate but you dont take Paypal which might put some people off :(

I was gonna bid on it but after reading this thread :lol:

it is a bit tiring tbh! there are so many 'zany' descriptions you get fed up with them! first thing would be to find a postage cost and put that on there it will cost about £15 to post standard parcels bet youll get more bids also why not open it up to worldwide i always do its no effort to post things further afield.

Not sure of the difference between them. But if its not gonna work on yours then I might be interested :D

Your welcome to it for what I paid for it, I see you're from Huddersfield, would you beleive it if I said my new one came from Huddersfield! (I'm in Portsmouth so its quite well travelled!) It still has a motor and the colour-coded roof panel. PM me if interested mate.

it is a bit tiring tbh! there are so many 'zany' descriptions you get fed up with them! first thing would be to find a postage cost and put that on there it will cost about £15 to post standard parcels bet youll get more bids also why not open it up to worldwide i always do its no effort to post things further afield.

cheers Bill....yeah i was quite bored of setting out the same typa ad for each item so i went silly on the sunroof and it hasnt had any bids like the other items ive sold did...and thats probebly why...i should curb my borbom....and also the postage cost thing....id say if that wing i sent you cost around a tenner (( can trmember exactly )) then i assumed that a seunroof would cost a fortune...plus wrapping it in a way that would ensure that it didnt get damaged...i thought the postage would be pricey?...

thanks for the feedback tho...ussefull. :D

If yours is definately late and works perfectly I'll have a bid

yeah..it was from a k reg 16v. :D

Your welcome to it for what I paid for it, I see you're from Huddersfield, would you beleive it if I said my new one came from Huddersfield! (I'm in Portsmouth so its quite well travelled!) I paid £62.50 delivered, it still has a motor and the colour-coded roof panel. PM me if interested mate.

I know the guy up here that sold it to you :D He’s always got a few C's that he’s breaking and just by chance I spoke to him this morning and we’ve done a deal on another one (and its the right colour :D)

Sorry mate looks like ebay is gonna be swamped with sunroof's :lol:

*EDIT* ignore the following info, I was wrong! :oops:

AFAIK, the actual roof mechanism is the same on ALL Corrados, it's only the motor which varied... Even the hand cranked roofs were the same mechanism.... :|

The actual sunroof mechanism looks very similar, the problem is that on a later sunroof where the motor attaches there is an indentation that the motor sits in. If you try to fit a later motor to an early sunroof, you dont have the indentation and it fouls the mechanism, I've considered filing the motor casing etc but even then I'll have wiring issues, going from 3 wire to six wire etc.

I've said all this assuming that the new roof I have IS an early one, if anyone can confirm that the early ones were three wire I would be grateful.

AFAIK, the actual roof mechanism is the same on ALL Corrados, it's only the motor which varied... Even the hand cranked roofs were the same mechanism.... :|

No there are subtle differences.

It's not until you put the two side by side that you see them.

I've had MK3, Passat, Early and late C subframes all next to eachother and not one of them is identical.

My '92 has a 3 wire motor

Cheers bud, thats what I needed to know, one early Sunroof for sale then!