Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

dinkus' silver VR - I think I have a problem

Oh and she goes in for a complete respray in 2 weeks! 8)

remember talking to you about that at the scorcher or somewhere dom, have u managed to get all new rubber/seals etc? anything unavailable these days?

The only thing I'm aware of that's not available is the front wing rubbing strip on one sid, but I'm not sure which side and I'm not 100% sure if that's it.

I'm going to order the trim bits this week, so I'll let you know...

Nice rims 8) don't think BJV can be beaten for their prices and workmanship, Toyo's will be quieter because they are softer, meaning, they wear down quicker :?

Ahhh mate. wheels look cracking on a sliver car. theyre awesome NEVER EVER sell them :lol: . I wish i hadnt.

What brakes you have in mind for the future and where are you having it sprayed?..you gona loose the door strips?..yeh go on. :D

Nice wheels, i got the same set, mine came off a Subaru.

just wondering what tyre size have you got on them?

im looking to get 205/40/16, should be enough so i can lower it alot

Hehe - they are nice wheels, it's gotta be said...even if it has taken me months to get them on the car! :lol:

I'm gonna keep the rubbing strips (despite new ones costing an arm and a leg!) because I think it looks a bit odd without them... just a big slab of silver. I just want to make it look like new.

The bodyshop's Woodlands down on Bone Lane in Newbury. A guy at work that has a few old classic cars recommended them and when I went there they had a load of Porshes and Mercs outside. Plus I don't think they do insurance work either, which is always a good sign :)

And I'm running 205/45/16 which gets you as close as possible to the standard rolling radius that the 205/50/15s give you.

Good call on keeping the side strips, etc. You definately need them to break up the colour on some cars - silver is definately one of them!

Looking forward to seeing how it looks when it's all done - wanna see pics as soon as it comes out of the paint shop!! :)

Hehe, won't be any problems with that - the camera will be accompanying me to pick it up.

They said they're not going to strip a lot of the interior out, but I think I'm going to do it anyway, then I can get some more sound deadening in there and give the carpets a damned good clean too.

Was debating trying to fit climatronic at the same time, but I think I'm going to be skint after this anyway, so won't be able to afford the extra bits I need. We shall see though...

Lovely wheels, Dom 8) Always liked MOs. Really suit the C.

Loved the ATS ones too though- very similar to Borbet Cs. Wish you'd put them up for sale a month ago... :(

Are you sure thats something you want to announce in public?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dinkus - did you get the back of the wheels tidyed up in the end. I remember them being a lil flakey.

Are you sure thats something you want to announce in public?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dinkus - did you get the back of the wheels tidyed up in the end. I remember them being a lil flakey.

I have to say I'm seriously impressed with the refurb. BJV did it and those wheels look like new! Especially when you consider the flakey peely mess they were in before. Top marks and a bargain price too!

But yeah, on closer inspection it wasn't just that one wheel that was flaking, there were bubbles under the paint on a couple of the others as well, so I just got all of them refurbed. I'm impressed though - they used the the correct Compomotive paint to get them exactly the same colours as they would have been new and they even fitted the fancy metal Compomotive valves to them too. All for £160. Bargain.

Hehe - they are nice wheels, it's gotta be said...even if it has taken me months to get them on the car! :lol:

I'm gonna keep the rubbing strips (despite new ones costing an arm and a leg!) because I think it looks a bit odd without them... just a big slab of silver. I just want to make it look like new.

The bodyshop's Woodlands down on Bone Lane in Newbury. A guy at work that has a few old classic cars recommended them and when I went there they had a load of Porshes and Mercs outside. Plus I don't think they do insurance work either, which is always a good sign :)

And I'm running 205/45/16 which gets you as close as possible to the standard rolling radius that the 205/50/15s give you.

Yeah i still have mine in my bedroom, still in Subaru Gold :lol:

205/45's look ok on your car, i probably will try 205/40 as i want to go lower.

But my main concern was if they would fit over some 312 discs, but clearly from the pics it does 8)

Mmm gold :? :lol:

But yeah, there's no reason you can't run 205/40s, as long as you're aware that it'll put your speedo out by a few %

According to my local VAG dealer the Corrado side strips are not available anymore and there's no stock left anywhere in Holland either. There might be some still floating around UK dealerships though if you're lucky.

Everything else is still available though as I've just ordered ALL the bits I could think of that could do with replacing after a respray.

If you need a list of parts & numbers let me know !(it's a very long and very expensive list though) ;)

Dutch

According to my local VAG dealer the Corrado side strips are not available anymore and there's no stock left anywhere in Holland either. There might be some still floating around UK dealerships though if you're lucky.

I'm pretty sure GPC sell them here at around £70 for the pair. If you do want a set and they won't send them to Holland for you then let me know if I can help out.

OK, thanks mate.

I'm going to leave them off initially, but if I get to many parking dings etc. due to them being missing I may well give you a shout :)

Dutch

Everything else is still available though as I've just ordered ALL the bits I could think of that could do with replacing after a respray.

If you need a list of parts & numbers let me know !(it's a very long and very expensive list though) ;)

Dutch

thats sounds like a really useful list to have on the forum, if you had the time it would be great to have it :)

Yeah, it'd be good if you could post it up along with some more helpful comments/descriptions than ETKA gives you. I've got a similar list with approx. prices on that I can start off with. Then I can make sure I've got a complete set :)

Edit: Started a post here... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65074

LOL, I didn't know you'd bought some MOs :lol:

They're not ex-mine, ex-Triggermyson's are they??

Mine were MO1673s @ ET45 aswell :lol:

I had them done to that offset so that the factory offset could be used whilst still clearing the 304mm APs I had at the time.

They look smart. So much so I am actually thinking of getting some more because I've just found out the 16" MO clears 330mm APs :-) Thinking of 8 x 16 this time!

LOL, I didn't know you'd bought some MOs :lol:

They're not ex-mine, ex-Triggermyson's are they??

Mine were MO1673s @ ET45 aswell :lol:

I had them done to that offset so that the factory offset could be used whilst still clearing the 304mm APs I had at the time.

They look smart. So much so I am actually thinking of getting some more because I've just found out the 16" MO clears 330mm APs :-) Thinking of 8 x 16 this time!

And ex-mines LOL.

16inch will clear 330 brakes?? thats mad kev. I gave up my wheel search last year after 4 sets that wouldnt clear brembos BUT - later this year i may look to get a custom set 16's to clear 323 discs as 16's handle and feel the best. plus can have the car a bit lower with no rubbing on corners.

Fricking 16's clearing 330s :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: 8)