Sign in to follow this  
pkripper

TOP GEAR

...according to Perry's website, he was a TV presenter for Top Gear in 2002 and 2003. Seems to be pushing it a little bit... TV driving maybe, presenting, err no.

Well I suppose in it's broadest possible term he was presenting the "fastest lap around the Top Gear track" part of the show!

Well yes, I suppose he technically was and you could probably get away with that kind of thing if it wasn't on a national TV show watched by millions that may have noticed a distinct lack of talking... :lol:

Although saying that I could watch The Stig drive various cars around the track even for maybe a whole show, but yeah 3 series of it would definately start to grind my mind :lol:

I'd love to see a Corrado group test by the stig.. see how stock examples of each get round the track. Would be sooo cool.

Yes, I've always wanted to see how a standard VR would stand-up against the rest of the bunch on the board.

Maybe if someone is willing to "lend" their C to Top Gear then Jeremy may well let it happen!

Ah the ubiquitous Mmmmm 5. I swear BMW's M cars are questioning the need to buy and own a supercar....I mean, 500bhp in a family saloon that drives like it's anything but!!?! I hate the bangleised 5 but by god do they drive nice. My mate's 530d is an unbelievable car.

My post count, LOL, yeah it's embarrassingly high now and believe it or not, my forum useage has actually reduced this year?!!

Yeah a neighbour has the RS6 (along with a mint Quattro, git) and yes apart from the obvious fact that the Audi looks nice, as the BMW looks bloody awful IMO, I would probably opt for it too.

But I will say in the short time he has had the RS6 it has been in and out of the dealers many times due to problems!

The RS6 is one of my favourite but the BMW M's have me rethinking my opinion on BMW's.. they're just such good cars.

The M5 was good but.. my god the back end was a bit lively on the Top Gear track.. the Stig was all over the place in it. In fact virtually every corner he was sideways complete with smoke from tyres and extreme rubber squeal..

Yeah while I was watching the lap I commented to my wife that I didn't think it looked like a great lap time (wife just nodded, not giving a toss!) and I proved myself right, considering the spec/performance of the M5 the time was poor I thought.

On the flip-side the Astra amazed me, even though the chassis obviously was not built for that amount of power!

the M5 was impressive in 'M' mode but you'd expect them to make it a little more refined in 'non-M', as far as i could tell they've tried to make it a jekyll and hyde car by letting you choose between an everyday(ish) saloon and a monster supercar killer, its just a shame the jekyll side let it down so badly, according to jezza anyway. bloody ugly too!

The 5 is an uber saloon made for jostling with other uber saloons on the Autobahn...it's home is not on the track, and neither I fear, is the RS6's. They're both too big and heavy. They're both around the 1700kg mark, which on TG's minute track is going to highlight their bulk. Both do well on the Nurburgring though and the current M5 is actually the Ring's 'Taxi' and does the lap in less than 8 minutes....it IS a quick car in the right hands.

What I would prefer over both is Audi's new RS4, the 100 bhp per litre V8 one. It is apparently THE car Audi fans have been waiting for all these years, it's sublime. Check it out in the mags.... you'll love it.

Ok, firstly in response to Jim's comment - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=297441 ;)

Second, yup, the RS4 or RS6 seriously float my boat, but as Kev says, they're autobahn munchers, not track cars.

You also have to bear in mind that the Stig probably could have kept the M5 all nice and tidy round the track, but heck, where's the fun in that? ;)

Ageeeeeeed, for M5, read.... tail out action :wink:

There's something about Bimmers, which I can testify, just sees you acting like a 5 year old and any oppurtunity to spin the rear wheels is taken!!

My mate has destroyed the rear tyres on 530d (5000 miles old) already because he just sits there at junctions, holds it on the brake (it's an auto) and lights the rears up!

You soon get bored of it and the first time you lose the rear end by mistake is when you slowly start to think again about the virtues of RWD.

What I would prefer over both is Audi's new RS4, the 100 bhp per litre V8 one

The same as yours pretty much then kev, once the injectors and the map is sorted!!!!

Corrado SVR power!

Chris

Oh yeah, good point, hadn't thought about that. I was just going by the car's new P to W ratio of 232bhp per tonne :D 28 more than the current shape BMW M3 8)

I work for the BBC, i talk to the team at Top gear on a regular basis

i always ask, the only thing they say is that it is a normal guy! he jus some ex racing driver (no one special)

all they knew is he drives an S3

:p Damn My secrets out!