Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I need a bit of help,due to a change in my finances later in the year i may be looking at buying a new motor ,if all goes as planned i should have about 10 grand to spend.at the moment i've got a corrado g60 which i've owned for the last two years(longest i've kept a car)but i'm not sure what to do,i would like to keep the g60 and spend a bit of money on it to bring it to the standards of some of the members cars on this forum,and buy something like a 1.8t A3 or dare i say an hatchback impreza turbo(for the dogs+performance)to run about in.on the other hand i could sell the corrado and get a newer car with all mod cons,comforts,performance but i wouldn't know what car to go for there is so many about,ADVICE NEEDED,cheers

spend 10k on your g60 ;)

I did... :twisted: still not looked back... 8)

You're asking this question on a Corrado Forum? (sorry THE Corrado Forum) ;)

10K is going to get you one pretty special car that's for sure. Hey, you could buy another rado, and have change to make a damn special car - then sell your current G60 for beer money :lol:

i'm leaning more to keeping the g60 and spending about 5k on her but i would still like a car which has good performance without comprimising on comfort and luxurys but what could i get for 5k, i change my mind everyday

Spend the 10k on an E36 M3 Evo - yes, you will then be a BMW driver, but sod it! I've been a passenger in one and they really are a great all-round supercar - 321bhp, RWD, great handling, and awesome motorway mile-munching ability...

do what you said spend 5k on the g60 then buy another daily driver, an a4 tdi quattro perfect for the dogs and a bit o fun too!

paint if it needs it replace all the exterior plastics with new, rip the interior out and re sound proof every where replace every clip with new fix all those rattles with felt. nice stereo audiscape pods and sub enclosure. pic up a leather interior if you dont have one already! g werks charger rebuild, fmic, red top injectors, 1.9 conversion and a rolling road set up toothed belt kit. and water injection! bastuck exhaust nice private plate. and lastly one of those nice g60 keys! thats about five grands worth maybe a bit more and im about 2 thirds along that list car just gets better the more you do they really are a great project car!

10K is going to get you one pretty special car that's for sure.

Sadly, to a Corrado owner that's not actually true :(

Do you need a newer car?

Because (and this is talking from my personal situation) if you don't need a newer car to use for work as a company car (for example) I would sell the G60 and then top it up with an extra 5K to get a really really good VR6 and enjoy that.

Unfortunately my job (and the company car payments I took instead of being tied to a 1.6 Astra :( ) means I need something newer that reflects well on the business/myself as well as being comparable to what I'd get as a company car. And 10K really doesn't offer you much in the way of choice (for a newish car) if you're used to a Corrado.

My shortlist is pretty much down to an older A3 1.8T, a 3 year old 4Motion, a 2 year old Leon Cupra and that's about it. I've driven them all and none of them grab me the same way the Corrado does, and certainly none of them would make me give that "one last glance over the shoulder" as I went inside the house.

If you don't need a "new" car just get yourself a late, low-mileage VR6 and use the rest of the cash (that you would have spent on depreciation) to maintain it lovingly :)

I would sell the G60 and then top it up with an extra 5K to get a really really good VR6

thats if you prefer the vr ive got a g60 because i prefer it it wasnt cheaper than a vr it isnt worth any less the only reason id change is for a supercharged vr! i know what your saying though a 7k vr would be sweet as but a well sorted g60 is a beautiful thing!

Buy a nice late model VR6 or Storm to run around in, and then use the remaining £3k-£4k to buy a Mk1/Mk2 Golf racing car for track days.

i think i'll wait till i get the cash and may be they'll be the perfect corrado for sale on here with everything done already where i can just add my own personal finishing touches,i was thinking about one thats had a turbo conversion or should i stick with a g60 thats been truley tripped up,if i go turbo its no longer a g60 and i love being a g60 owner cheers for your help guys

i've changed my mind again i definately don't want an hatchback impreza(to many about) i'm now thinking of an audi s2, s4 avant ,quattro, the dogs should fit in that,does anyone know anything about the s2, s4 how much?insurance etc.don't think it will leave much to spend on the g60 though,something like this would be nice

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW