Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

brembo brakes anyone !!!

Yes the pictures i posted before in this thread... one is of my corrado with the 305mm disc to compare, the other one is ivanders his rallye with the ibiza cupra R brakes installed

Yep i got the brembo's from the cupra on my rallye.

But you can get them on the rado also..

just redrill the disk to 5x 100.

Brembo_002.jpg

left you see upgrade nr 1 audi coupe calipers (2pots) and right you have the brembo's redrilled.

verry important is the wheel size and distance between spoke and caliper....

I had oz superturismo's 7Jx16" et 38. and thety did not fit. minimum et35 on these wheels.

i bought Compomotives for the rallye i want rally wheels. :)

net-rallye1.jpg

ivanders, Cupra discs and calipers?

that is what this whole thread it about mate :lol: showing you how to upgrade your brakes using the vag parts bin and saving a few ££££.. :lol:

So if I walked into the dealer and said I would like a pair of Cupra R discs and calipers quoting the part numbers you gave, everything thing will fit.

Whats all this drilling business on te disk - just dont like the sound of that! :shock:

the drilling tru the disk is realy no problem. it looks scary. but it strong enough. you als can close the original holes; but this is dangerout to heat it to much, and it could bend a little...

Ps i can deliver them cheaper than the dealer can. :)

if intrested mail me mailto:[email protected] i deliver them complete with special brake lines and everything. special bolts and all... just fit the parts bleed the lines and ready to race...

yes you place the caliper carrier bolt on the disc, bolt on the caliper, than the special brake line a little DOT4 and put the wheel on (one that fits over these big calipers) and your off

Darren, are the discs you've given the part numbers for 4 or 5 stud? Only asking because on your pic they are and on the other one they've had to be drilled out???

Brembo_002.jpg

left you see upgrade nr 1 audi coupe calipers (2pots) and right you have the brembo's redrilled.

How were the audi coupe calipers. I was considering them but heard there is some pad overlap that causes uneven wear. I dont like the sound of that. :?

Well seat is from the VAG group, not to sure about what your local dealer is allowd to order?? Just go and try your VW dealer, if not the seat dealer can help you... or mail ivanders for a price that is better than your dealer... ask his price and the price from your dealer

mike.. discs and pads?? the pads come in with the calipers and i also bet these were for the leon ? try again for the ibiza cupra r :lol:

Tell me the price from the dealers in uk please. maybe i can go under it. got a good reduction on these parts.. must check what the transport cost. but this can not be high....

You needt to get a Seat dealer for this. or an vw/seat dealer. but only vw can not have it....

While youre asking. ask also the complete system from a Leon Cupra R.. be sure u sit before you hear the price...

Unfortunately, these were the quoted prices for the part numbers you gave.

The calipers for the Leon were over £250 each without pads. :shock:

Darren i think people are getting a bit lost. From what i can fathom you mean:

If 5 stud get disks for the leon and the calipers for the ibiza (which include pads)

If 4 stud get disks and calipers for the ibiza

Thats how i understand it aswell.

i'm going to try and pop the dealer ship 2morrow and see what the cost is, may be different over here in jersey

The LEON cupra R has even bigger brakes than the ibiza,... redrill the 4 stud ibiza discs for the VR6

Badger5 Ltd can now offer on a limited supply basis a Superbly Priced, amazing Brembo 4-Pot caliper disk and brake upgrade to owners of Seat Ibiza Cupras and Golf 2 derivatives. This upgrade kit comprises a Pair of 305x28 disks, Caliper Carriers, Brembo 4-Pot calipers, pads, stainless braided hoses (call to confirm spec)and all associated mounting hardware and instructions. Minimum wheel diameter requirement is 7"x16" ET35, 4x100 & 38mm clearance between wheel hub and spoke rear. Call for latest prices from £450 GBP for the complete kit + carriage.

http://www.badger5.co.uk/

Chris, I think you need to go back and read the 1st post where the part numbers for this kit and costs at a SEAT garage were given.

That said, the information on wheel size and clearance requirements is useful.

The first post in this topic does say part numbers etc but did not have part numbers (if required) for the braided hoses shown in the photo later in this thread. Are they required for this fitment or do the standard hoses fit ok ? Was looking into this a little bit and a mate of mine is a member of the seat cupranet forum and sent me a link for a similar thread on there.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthr ... 54&highlig

Because all the parts are Seat based not sure if they need the extra hosing or it is because the brembo's themselves need extra. Darren help us out here are the hoses in the photo you posted needed as part of this conversion , if so how much are they ?