Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

What you think of these wheels &

7x16 ET 38 for a VR with 195/45 16s.

Is that tyre wide enough or is 205 better and where would the offset sit with a 7J? Ideally want them sat slightly further out than the speedlines but still clear the back arch if you know where im coming from!?

Will the speedo be out on 205s if so by how much?

Cheers guys

Nick

actually they are 7.5j by 16s, so i guess 205/45s

What you think then guys?

£295 with tyres!

Cheers guys, they seem like such a barg!

and yes Chris, shes nice and low now with MASSIVE negative camber until next week for the touring car tyre munching look!

Not good breaking in the wet though oooooow!

second hand ?? 195 may look a bit anorexic on the c

5 spokes are best on the c imo , i like khans but £295 is probably one wheel :-)

Ooh very nice wheels Nick. Now I understand the somewhat random question about tyre sizes :D

Deffo go for the 205/45's. They keep the standard tyre width, look chunkier and are almost identical rolling radius to the 205/50/15's.

Nope, brand spank. ebayage. Dont know how to link, but try a search on "16" 5x100" and they are buy it now.

There now one less set listed!

Picks to follow this weekend, hurrah!

I rather like those.

I should imagine they will be quite heavy at that price.

Check http://www.wheelweights.net and see if it's in the list. I thought my BBS RX were light but they're 20lb each! 5lb heavier than the speedlines and that's before you add the heavier rubber. Not that I'm subliminally trying to say "Speedos for handling, speedos for handling, speedos for handling...."

Kev, wise words. NOTHING ive ever seen beat the speedos for handling and weight.

Part of me says dont do it there a prob made of lead or cast iron, but I think they will look quite nice on the C. They curve slightly out from the midle and have a speedline esq mini dish lip.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET VW CENTRE CAPS FOR UM?? Dont really fancy having Hunter writen in the middle!

My camber is way way way on the neg side so im not burning the new tyres out but ill lump them on at the weekend and post some picks. Then its up to vince to straighten things up, fit new WBs, sensors, pinking, RR.

Bar the mocal, i will be well on my way to being half happy with it soon!

Beat me to it Dinks.

V nice Nick, I have to say I do like the 5 spoke look and 16s won't make her as hard as 17s.

Perhaps see her next week for the strut change?

Im trying not to say yes Chris, as i feel i have already abused your good will enough! .............But probably yes !