dinkus

Autowatch alarm tips

Yeah probebly, I would have thought the box will be behind the passenger side undertrays, that seems to be the place fitters choose.

Ah bums ok.

Audioscape do Auto Watch alarms, so they might be able to help. I also need a new key fob (only have one) and the emergency de-activate key too...

Yeah, I already had a look on there. Sadly they only offer the info if you pay for it... and I'm too tight for that :lol:

Figured I'd add to this.

So it seems I have an Auto Watch system in the car. No idea what code it is, or what model and I only have one key fob. I have been having some issues with it when I pick my fiance up from work.

She works at a hotel and there's a lovely no parking zone right in front of the door. Of course this is where I generally park at 2330 when I pick her up. It's not like she's going to have me towed.

So it's an old building and everytime I parked the car in the parking lot, I became more convinced that the hotel was haunted and that poltergeists were fuc*ing with my head. See the imobilizer would do it's arm after 30 seconds trick, then it wouldn't disarm, and I'd sit there cursing at my lovely problem of a car. In my mind the ghosts are laughing at me. I might add at this point that the car has been absolutely perfectly reliable EVERYWHERE else.

Last night was no different. A bit after midnight we got back in the car only for it not to start, again. I had not locked the car. So I tried using the key fob and managed to arm the alarm with us inside it. Fun... move just a little. Alarm goes off. Thankfully, the key fob silences it. But doesn't disarm it. so I try various things opening doors etc, locking with the Key in the door and attempting to turn the key. Everytime I open the door, alarm. Everytime I turn the ignition, alarm.

Eventually we reason that it might be from the wireless signal emmitting from the hotel, or possibly the big power cable running to one of the other buildings on site, passing right over the car. We throw the car into neutral and push the car 10 meters. Jump in, silence the alarm jam the key in and turn the car over.

It worked... so either the ghosts got tired with us, the car was out of wirless range or it was simply away from cables... I figure it's likely the cables... so if the immobilizer starts failing on you... might want to push it from any power source.

Glad to hear you guys rating the autowatch. never really heard of them myself but the local alarm fitter advised me to fit one of these, ive got the new 375rli. The box on mine was put under the bonnet release handle behind the trim. I think you have to use the menu to turn the beeps off ie using the ignition key to count the led flashes, i dont know the sequence though. OR failing that Dom. If you press the trunk release button ONCE first then disarm OR press the panic button ONCE and then arm it will disarm/arm silently. Though thats on my remote. Dont know if they're all different.

I've got an old 160RLi which only has the one button. You can turn the bips on and off and TBH it works fine as long as I disable the cabin sensors. It's not ideal and does need fixing, but at least I can sleep at night :lol:

So I just splashed out £5 and bought a copy of the installation manual from Abacus. It now doesn't (or at least hopefully won't!) go off in the middle of the night and it doesn't bleep every time I lock it 8)