dinkus

Autowatch alarm tips

Ok guys, my VR came fitted with (so I'm told) a very reliable Autowatch alarm, but I have no manual for it and it's driving me nuts.

Firstly, I'm told you can turn the bips off when you lock/unlock it. If someone could tell me how, it would be much appreciated by the neighbours I'm sure.

Second, if you can tell me how to turn the auto-arm off so I don't have to keep arming and dis-arming the car to start it if I've taken any longer than a nanosecond getting into the car, then that would also be good :)

I have an Autowatch 160RLi and have the manual. It says that both of the features you mention can be disabled but says to contact an Autowatch dealer to do it. It seems that mine has been done already as i dont have the blips when arming and it takes 30s for the immboliser to re-arm afer unlocking.

These alarms are indeed as hot as a preverbial pie....ive got one and got quite friendly with the guys who fit them locally....i could try and contact them to see if its a simple thing to change...i hadnt realised that you could turn the bleeps off, they are a bit crap.

Well that sounds like a dead useful manual :roll: :lol:

I think mine auto-arms the immobiliser again after 30 seconds, but TBH I'd just rather it didn't do it all. If I'm leaving the car, then I'll lock it and arm it myself.

Cool that I can disable those thingies tho :) Just need to work out how or who now...

Well that sounds like a dead useful manual

Indeed. It is the size of a fag packet and a massive 12 pages thick.

Mine has full closure on the windows but not on the sunroof. Anyone elses the same?

Mine does full closure on everything and slightly annoyingly, does the sunroof first.

I'd rather it did the sunroof last, so then when it's super-hot you can park the car and lock it all up apart from the roof, which you can leave tilted.

Interesting if the alarm closes both windows at once, as only being able to operate (either up or down) is a Corrado/early 'dub "feature" :roll: :lol:

ok.

with regards to the auto-arm this cant be turned off...this is what makes the alarm a CAT1...

the beeps....

let the car immobalise itself, then turn the key in the ignition, you should now see the red LED stay on. now turn the ignition back off and the light will flash.....you must count the flashes to enter the code....the code is : 1,2,3,8,8.

i.e

1. ignition on to see red LED stay on

2.ignition off

3.count 1 flash

4.ignition back on

5.igntion off

6.count 2 flashes

7.igntion on

8.igntion off

9.count 3 flashes

10. igntion on

11.ignition off

12.count 8 flashes

13.ignition on

14.ignition off

15.count 8 flashes

the alarm will beep to let you know the code has worked.

Very useful to know. According to the manual you can also have the doors lock when the ignition is switched on as an anti hijack mode.

Have found the installation sheet and there are a few features you can enable/disable. To change them first you have to go into program mode as corradowales described by counting 1 flash, then 2 flashes, then 3. You then count the number of flashes for the feature you want, in the example corrado wales gave it was 8,8. so the flash sequence was 1,2,3,8,8. The other features are as follows:

Memory report back (1,1), this will tell you the cause of a false alarm to help pinpoint a fault

Door Open - Audible warning (2,2)

Lock/Unlock with ignition (3,3)

2nd Function/Pager output (4,4)

Early Warning (6,6) - requires microwave input

Alarm On/Off tones (8,8 )

Central locking time - 3/5 seconds (9,9)

Revert to factory settings (0,0)

The auto door lock doesn't work on mine, not sure which is the blame, the car or the alarm. I've got a 160RLi aswell but the stupidly bright blue LED is silly, I'll be changing that for a more discreet red un...

Dinkus, the roof closed first on my Clifford aswell, not sure if you can change the closure order. And the windows going up one at a time is a limitation of the car, the alarm shouldn't be sending both up together. The wiring is suspect if that's happening and is potentially a fire hazard.

I've got a hardcopy of the full installation guide and user manual, I'll photocopy it for you.

Mine doesn't auto arm btw, maybe a feature of slightly newer ones? It just immobilises the car if I don't arm the alarm, which is obviously more desirable.

To change them first you have to go into program mode as corradowales described by counting 1 flash, then 2 flashes, then 3. You then count the number of flashes for the feature you want,

yeah..thats a better way of putting it.. :oops: ...

ive just been out and turned my beeps of...huge ammount of joy as ive had this alarm on various cars for nearly 2 years having to put up with that bloody noise!..it took dinkus asking for me to actually do something about it tho :roll: ...

so from what you're saying mk2_20vt, if you get into the program mode and do the 3,3 sequence the doors will autolock when you start the ignition and autounlock when you turn it off??? 8)

Mine doesn't auto arm btw, maybe a feature of slightly newer ones? It just immobilises the car if I don't arm the alarm, which is obviously more desirable

mine did that on my old one....which was when the 160Rli had just come out...weird.

so from what you're saying mk2_20vt, if you get into the program mode and do the 3,3 sequence the doors will autolock when you start the ignition and autounlock when you turn it off???

Apparantly so, think i'll leave mine as it is, not that much car jacking in dorset!.

Hey Dinkus, if you are going to get the alarm checked out, it may be worth getting the extra wire installed that switches the interior light on when you press the alarm fob. Apparently this is a feature of this alarm and for some reason it was not installed on your car, I had this in the back of my mind to get done some time as thought it would be useful...

Yep, hated the bleep bleep noise and the auto arm feature too, good luck getting it sorted out

Heh heh, ahhh cunning, thanks Ford. I think the door switch in the driver's door is dead too because the light only comes on when you open the passenger door. They might be related...?

Brakes turned up yesterday too, so some 288 action should be going on next week ;)

I think mine auto-arms the immobiliser again after 30 seconds, but TBH I'd just rather it didn't do it all. If I'm leaving the car, then I'll lock it and arm it myself.

The immobilisation like that is part of the requirement of thatcham to get CAT 1 status.

Gavin

Hey Dinkus, if you are going to get the alarm checked out, it may be worth getting the extra wire installed that switches the interior light on when you press the alarm fob. Apparently this is a feature of this alarm and for some reason it was not installed on your car, I had this in the back of my mind to get done some time as thought it would be useful...

You need a relay to do that as the output from the alarm is just a low voltage trigger. I've installed it on mine, which you can copy if you have a spare relay dinks?

The immobilisation like that is part of the requirement of thatcham to get CAT 1 status.

Yay :roll: :( Oh well, I guess I can live with it as long as it doesn't bip while I'm sitting in the car... :lol:

You need a relay to do that as the output from the alarm is just a low voltage trigger. I've installed it on mine, which you can copy if you have a spare relay dinks?

I have a whole fusebox worth... ;)

Heh heh, ahhh cunning, thanks Ford. I think the door switch in the driver's door is dead too because the light only comes on when you open the passenger door. They might be related...?

Re: the door switch - unscrew the switch and you will notice that one of the wires is missing that connects to the switch - just use a wire hook and dig it out from behind the panel it is hanging down behind it. The switch works as I tested the connection recently - I think it just needs a good clean up or something. I was in the middle of sorting it out a couple of weeks ago, but it got dark... then not long after I sold the car and forgot to finish it off. Hope that makes sense?

Brakes turned up yesterday too, so some 288 action should be going on next week

Nice! Saw your thread on the new H&Rs, wishbone and bushes ... car is coming on very nicely and it is brilliant to see it being finshed off to such a high standard. Great to know it has gone to such a good home!