A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Chromed driveshafts!! Won't that crack off when putting turbo torque through them?

The chain cover, did you chrome the interior side of it aswell? It's hard to tell how well the chrome will last but I personally wouldn't chrome the interior side incase it flakes off and gets in the sump.

serious question.. what are you not chroming?

Can you chrome the block??????? :roll:

Yes sir! My block & head are already at the chromer! :lol:

As always, fantastic job Lee!!!

As always, fantastic job Lee!!![/quote:43586]

I think you need your block/head looking at :lol:

As always, fantastic job Lee!!![/quote:9ab47]

I think you need your block/head looking at :lol:[/quote:9ab47]

Touche' :lol:

As always, fantastic job Lee!!![/quote:5779e]

I think you need your block/head looking at :lol:[/quote:5779e]

Touche' :lol:[/quote:5779e]

Sorry Fella - Couldn;t resist!

Easiest answer is if it can be it will be chromed.

Chromed driveshafts!! Won't that crack off when putting turbo torque through them?

The chain cover, did you chrome the interior side of it aswell? It's hard to tell how well the chrome will last but I personally wouldn't chrome the interior side incase it flakes off and gets in the sump.

Not sure to be honest, hope not think the wheels would spin before the driveshafts twist or flex.

There is chrome on the inside of the chain cover but i'll blast it off before fitting. Usually i mask up with copper tape but the chromers aren't that keen and prefer you to clean the part after instead.

As always, fantastic job Lee!!![/quote:53cb8]

Your definately much madder than me!! I admit i've pondered whether it could be done but thought it was crazy even for me!!

I was kinda hesitant to go through with it at first. Kept thinking that the heat would eventually flake off the chrome but I've seen a ton of hot & street rods with chrome blocks without any problems so I'm gonna go for it. A buddy of mine is gonna powdercoat it afterwards with a bit of transluscent powder for some sort of durability! :wink:

I was kinda hesitant to go through with it at first. Kept thinking that the heat would eventually flake off the chrome but I've seen a ton of hot & street rods with chrome blocks without any problems so I'm gonna go for it. A buddy of mine is gonna powdercoat it afterwards with a bit of transluscent powder for some sort of durability! :wink:

Thinking of doing that myself with the subframe, cross member and wishbones so i don't have to worry about the car being on the drive in the rain. Worried it will dull down the chrome too much, please post up pics of yours if you do it and i'll do the same if i try it first.

Lee, seeing as you must get good prices, if I sent you a couple of badges could you get them done for me when you put your next lot in?

Lee, seeing as you must get good prices, if I sent you a couple of badges could you get them done for me when you put your next lot in?

if there polished bare metal then no problem.

if there polished bare metal then no problem.[/quote:eed49]

What about plastic badges mate? I thought plastic could be chromed these days too???

Easiest answer is if it can be it will be chromed.

rear axle?

starting to strip down my spare rear beam tomorrow. Hopefully it will be chrome too.

if there polished bare metal then no problem.[/quote:a5e22]

What about plastic badges mate? I thought plastic could be chromed these days too???[/quote:a5e22]

My chromer only does metal. ACT in brum can do plastic as long as it's ABS.

Since i chromed the gearbox i've been worried than the starter motor would compromise the finished article. Bought a brand new one from GSF which happened to be black. Problem now solved, asked the same friend that rebuilt my alternator if he'd ever tackled a start motor. "Loads of times" was the answer so he's stripped it for me and after a few hours of sanding i now have a fully polished starter motor. Got the end plate to do and then off for chrome. Think its an amazing reflection of the way the show scene is going that even brand new parts have to be stripped and rebuilt.

u best get a spare one done too in case u nee one urgently in the future :lol: you know just before a show

Think its an amazing reflection of the way my mind is going that even brand new parts have to be stripped and rebuilt.

Sorry couldn't resist, but you are crazy and are rewriting the book on building a Corrado show car in the process, keep it coming!