A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

I have seen a few rims like that with stretched tyres and I think it looks pretty cool but you do run the risk of marking the wheel easily....

I really don't understand why people do that. Not only is it hard on the tyres, it also leaves the wheel rim completely exposed, and above all, it looks daft!

can get you round the problem of tyres touching arches on low cars

it'll end up like the green premier one, the rear wheels on that were far too wide for the car and the tyres and looked silly.

can get you round the problem of tyres touching arches on low cars

I've got slightly stretched rubber on the front of my car which helps clearnace on the front arch's a little... :)

it'll end up like the green premier one, the rear wheels on that were far too wide for the car and the tyres and looked silly.

I've never seen the PVS one in the metal but thought it looked really nice. Mine is much more extreme so i'm expecting to get some stick when it hits the shows next month.

I'm a little confused. It seems odd to change a car that everyone reeeeeeallly liked in a way that you think might give you a bit of stick. Were you just bored with how it looked or something?

Not trying to moan or anything, i'm just interested to know :)

I'm a little confused. It seems odd to change a car that everyone reeeeeeallly liked in a way that you think might give you a bit of stick. Were you just bored with how it looked or something?

Not trying to moan or anything, i'm just interested to know :)

It was never the car i wanted it to be. Mainly because i was fresh out of uni and couldn't afford to spend much. Now i'm trying to forfill my ambition, some won't like it but is my dream car.

Lee.... I have a very good idea on how your car is gonna look, the tyres look good stretched over wide rims, and its needed for clearance and shape of the finished arch, as you know thats part of the euro style and very different from english styling,

I have very similar ideas for my corrado, looking forward to seeing yours when its finished

It was never the car i wanted it to be. Mainly because i was fresh out of uni and couldn't afford to spend much. Now i'm trying to forfill my ambition, some won't like it but is my dream car.

And you can't argue with that - definitely each to their own.

But mate, really watch that stretch on the tyre. The side wall is so distorted that you'll end up compromising it's strength in potholes etc. You're actually going to be running a lower profile than 35, because the sidewall is no longer vertical to the rim, so no longer at it's correct height. It's also quite possible you'll get a sudden blow out at speed/during cornering as the sidewall is so far away from the seating point on the wheel.

You sure about this?

And you can't argue with that - definitely each to their own.

But mate, really watch that stretch on the tyre. The side wall is so distorted that you'll end up compromising it's strength in potholes etc. You're actually going to be running a lower profile than 35, because the sidewall is no longer vertical to the rim, so no longer at it's correct height. It's also quite possible you'll get a sudden blow out at speed/during cornering as the sidewall is so far away from the seating point on the wheel.

You sure about this?

A good point and well made.

But mate, really watch that stretch on the tyre. You're actually going to be running a lower profile than 35, because the sidewall is no longer vertical to the rim, so no longer at it's correct height. It's also quite possible you'll get a sudden blow out at speed/during cornering as the sidewall is so far away from the seating point on the wheel.

You sure about this?

When you see the finished car the stretch doesn't since quite so extreme mainly because the PZero Neros have a very rounded side wall and a very big rim protector which exaggerates the stretched look. I won't be pushing the car hard on the new rims due to the fact i've got over 2K in them. Their show wheels only and i'll get a set of black Cup 1's for everyday use. Don't worry mate, i'm not risking stacking the car...

Mate, it's well and truly your choice to do whatever you want on YOUR car!! A mate of mine had a tyre blow out on him on a fast-ish A-road corner causing him to lose the back end and stack his near show standard car into a hedge. It was down to the severe stretch he had on his euro styled tyres/wheels!! :shock:

man, car looks sweet.

lovin it.

no compromise.

winner.

8)

and by the sounds of it, your pirellis are like Toyo proxes with shape and rim protector, ie. looks more stretched thatn they actually are in comparison to another brand of tyre. same effect on my girlfriends polo i guess.

what size tyres & rims you running

215/35/17 up front and 225/35/17 at the rear. Rims are 17's.

man, car looks sweet.

lovin it.

no compromise.

winner.

8)

and by the sounds of it, your pirellis are like Toyo proxes with shape and rim protector, ie. looks more stretched thatn they actually are in comparison to another brand of tyre. same effect on my girlfriends polo i guess.

Yeah, no corners have been cut. Its will be 70% finished for this year. I'm really pleased with the pirelli as they went on dead easy and the tread pattern looks very similar to an F1 tyre with four grooves, exaggerates how wide they look.

sounds cool, but a bit of a hard ride.. :D

I'll let you know! The ride was very smooth on the 205/40/17 yet to drive the car on its new rims.

window wipers....

front number plate?

:lol:

no side repeaters.. the way forward

Rado's look all the better for that

Can't wait to see it Lee, the work you have shown in your pics looks a top notch job so far. Bet your like Charlie in the choc factory when you go to the paint shop!!