Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Wind Deflectors.

With all this summer rain weve been having recently im getting more and more foofed off with the old rain dripping off the roof into the window and onto the switches thing.......has anyone seen a raddo with wind deflectors????...im aware that it might not look the part, but id like to know just how sh1te it looks to see whether its worth the sacrafice of looks for the ability to open my window slighly!>....back when i bought my first raddo i remember asking the stealers if they were available and they arent......im thinking of trying to find out if there is a independant company that makes them.....anyone seen or heard of this?

Take the gutter trims out and fill the channel with black silicon, refit trims.

The water collects under the trim and gathers at the front, waiting for you to open the window, touch the brakes and out it pours onto your freshly ironed shirt and window switches.

Filling the gutter with sealant fills the gap and the water can't collect just above the window anymore. You just need to be neat and use tape as obviously it will splurge out everywhere when you put the trims back.

Audi get round this by using a 'half height' gutter trim, which is colour coded and sits half way up the gutter. I had a look at my mate's A4 and it's easily doable in a Corrado. It's on Haywire's mod list.....

The wind deflectors would look extremely sh1t on a Corrado.... Someone at work has them on his FTO (for the same reason!) and it ruins the look of the car. And besides, the water would drip onto the deflector and into the car from there anyway...cause of the wind pressure....

strangley enough...i dont find any of those pics as off-putting as i thought i would..(( apart from the obvious one! ))....

I have a set........... in the parts loft in a most inaccessible area - The Heritage Parts Section.

Bought them in 1997.

A) Fitted for 4 months and then OFF ever since.

B) they don't solve the rain dripping in unless the window pane is up above the bottom lip of the plastic.

C) they hardly cut the wind noise down unlike my Scirocco ones do.

D) they damage the outer rubber window seal in the forward corner, even with a cut rubber hose protector and "cut-out" adjustment. Costly at £65 to replace the damaged seal. Seal rubber gets torn by upward / downward movement.

E) the window glass gets scratched.

F) I seem to remember the price for the pair was £65 - £75.

So, much as I like the one on my daily Scirocco driver's side and it does work and I have stopped using the Scirocco's sunroof, 1) it a question of taste but 2) thez doesnee work on the Corrado and costs a dam lot for the priviledge.

Also, Clim-Air who marketed them in this country may not stock them any longer. Demand was low in the late 1990's.

My View? Don't waste your money.

:nono:

too much out of my way... :(

You do live as far away as you possibly can from anywhere tho... :lol:

You do live as far away as you possibly can from anywhere tho...

Yep - Landsend is about half an hour from here :lol: - but I lived in Cardiff when I posted that !

Yep - Landsend is about half an hour from here :lol: - but I lived in Cardiff when I posted that !

I thought you lived in Babylon! :lol:

I thought you lived in Babylon! :lol:

Yeah, he does - it's between the chippy and the 'Oriental Cottage' :lol: