Sign in to follow this  
storm1

corrado storm

Hi im new to this site just wondered if the corrado storm is the one to buy? and will it be woth anything in the future ?

:lol:

It's a tough question to answer. It really depends on why you're buying a Corrado, what you plan to do with it and how much of a 'dub nut you are :)

At 21 years old, I wouldn't reccomend it for a few reasons but primarily you'll get ass raped on insurance as its a group 19 car..

Well I don't think Storm owners will get their money back..! They'll probably just lose less than some of the other models.

I bought mine 'cos it actually was a good price for a standard VR. Wouldn't change now though.

Personally I wouldn't bother - I'd buy a nice clean VR and spend the extra that a Storm would have cost on doing the wheels, suspension, etc, and making it really yours...

But yeah, at 21, insurance on a VR will not be fun...!

well the thing is there is a totally standard storm sitting on my drive in immaculate condition and insurance wasnt a problem. The reason i bought the car was because ive been told that it will be worth a pretty penny if kept in nice condition

Well, provided you don't modify it and you treat like a member of the family.. then its possible it will be valuable in a few years time. Problem is its hard to tell.. but of all the Corrado's (well, apart from the Campaign) it'll be be the most valuable as its one of the rarest :)

See, I bought the Storm for it's exclusivity, I'm a bit of an idiot like that, I dont have A/C, I dont have headlamp washers, and I really dont care, I honestly don't. The way I see it, it's less to go wrong with the car, we all know how reliable Corrado's are.....

I wanted a Storm right from the start, and I did get a Storm, and I'm glad I did. I was about to settle for a highly specced VR6 (not Storm), in excellent condition, but I'm glad I didnt cos I would be settling for "2nd best", I know it's not 2nd best but its not what I had my heart set on.

I know people will be looking at me and thinking what an eejit, but it's just what I wanted. Unfortunately I did pay a premium for it too, but oh well, it makes me happy, I guess that's what matters eh.

well the thing is there is a totally standard storm sitting on my drive in immaculate condition and insurance wasnt a problem. The reason i bought the car was because ive been told that it will be worth a pretty penny if kept in nice condition

i take it that you aint told any white lies to your insurance :wink: .............if you haven't then how the hell did you manage to get it insured without being financially raped :?:

Its horses for courses mate. I'd personally love a Storm for the excusivity as well.. I couldn't give a crap if to all the purists its 'just a few badges' - its regarded as the end of run and its the one that everyone knows. Thats enough for me.

That and the Mystic Blue paint which, obviously you can't get on normal Corrado's :)

Its horses for courses mate. I'd personally love a Storm for the excusivity as well.. I couldn't give a crap if to all the purists its 'just a few badges' - its regarded as the end of run and its the one that everyone knows. Thats enough for me.

That and the Mystic Blue paint which, obviously you can't get on normal Corrado's :)

I did miss out on the Mystic Blue, but the beige leather was more important to me than the colour of the car, so I had to go for the Classic Green

I know people will be looking at me and thinking what an eejit, but it's just what I wanted. Unfortunately I did pay a premium for it too, but oh well, it makes me happy, I guess that's what matters eh.

Forget about everyone else mate, it's all about chosing the right car for you. Forget convention, it's boring!

mine is the mystique blue and is the most poular the green is nice and the beige leather but marks easier and does not sell as well my storm has full vw service history from new its a beauty

think it has had 3 previous owners and has just 99 on the clock i think the green will not be as sort after as the mystique blue

Neither is as sought after as Dusty Mauve ;)

Welcome to the club Storm1 :) Hope you enjoy the fresh can o' worms

I've always thought that the Storm is a nice car to have if you can get one, there ARE nicer non-Storm Corrado's out there, but generally they are customised to a particular person (different wheels/seats etc. etc.) Whether they are "worth" the extra money is down to the individual buying its tastes.

FWIW the dark interior is easier to maintain to a high standard, and IMHO looks nicer too - but hey, that's just my opinion.

i think the green will not be as sort after as the mystique blue

pmsl..i just love it... :lol:

Apparently green cars are harder to sell on, so in theory a waste of money to buy in the first place - kidding! lol (it's just me laughing right, I'll leave now)

just such a silly thing to say...might aswell just change the thread title to " ive got a very nice car and its better than all yours... so there"

think it has had 3 previous owners and has just 99 on the clock i think the green will not be as sort after as the mystique blue

hmmmmmmmmm not that i'm biased in anyway but it think i'd rather have a 75k mile green storm than a 99k mystic blue one tbh :lol: :D

Either colour Storm is worth more than a normal VR6 because the Germans know only too well the Brits are suckers for badge 'engineering'.

There is something about them though. My mate's 33K mystic blue one is a nice drive as it's 100% standard, reminds me of how they were when new (his looks and drives new), but I wouldn't swap it with mine.

I still think VW could have made more of an effort on the last 500 though to make them really special, I mean Mystic Blue, Classic Green and BBS Solitutes are all straight off the MK3 Golf production line and the leather was available to the other cars, but as said earlier, VW knew they could get away with it in this country in the same way we got the MK4 GTI with a 2.0 8V engine and the rest of the world got the 1.8T :roll:

Not a dig, just an observation, they're all Cs at the end of the day.... :wink:

in the end corrados are all rare and will all be collcetables but i have no plans to do anything to my corrado storm as it is totally standard and will be woth alot more if its kept like it is now. My opinion is the mystique blue is the better colour but thats me. Anyway only had the car a week and i absoutley love it and 99 thousand might be on the verge of getting high but the thing is i only do 4 thousand miles a year so in a few years time it will be very low i guess