Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Check it out on edition38 !

I reckon it would be fun! Few people are mad enough to try and use full throttle round corners on public roads, so this FWD and 200 and something limit is rarely an issue on public roads. It's just the people like Clarkson that like to floor a GTA round a track deliberately to try and show how overloaded the front wheels are compared to RWD, where you have acres of space to flick the tail out to kill the understeer. He wouldn't drive like that on public roads, so it's a bit of a silly argument imo. It's up to the driver what the car does, not the engine.

The idea of scaring much bigger machinery on the motorway in a shopping cart is very appealing. Proper street sleeper.

If you're gonna do a sleeper, that's definitely the way to do it 8)

Tescos and back in under 12 seconds! :lol:

Proper sleeper was that MK2 on steelies in PVW sometime last year.. had 1.8 20V Turbo install and 4WD and is one of the quickest cars they've ever had in their hall of fame.. it looked totally standard!!

Yep that's my bag too..... inflicting complete shock on unsuspecting tailgaters and chavs :lol:

I remember when I had my MK2 16V Turbo, I trounced a Boxster away from some motorway restrictions. He was behind me in the coned off lane and we were doing 40, he started to kiss my bumper in anticipation of the national speed limit sign that was ahead, I dropped it to 3rd and booted it just along side the / sign. I looked in the rear view and saw Mr Boxter man physically looking down to presumably double check what gear he was in and then looked up again with a face of astonishment as I tore off into the horizon :lol: My 212 bhp per tonne played his 150 odd. No contest :)

However, anyone who's into their cars will realise the engine isn't standard but it's very satisfying leaving a porsche (OK, not a 911 but still quick) in a 1989 F reg Golf GTI 16v! 100% standard looking except some BBS 15s off a Corrado G60.