Sign in to follow this  
mehtasvr6

Bonnet Problems

can not jumpstart my flat battery as my drivers side catch for bonnet is not opening, when I pull cable left side (near side) bonnet lifts up but right is shut, so i cant get bonnet open, any helps guys?

I took off front grill but still no joy looking around,

:cry:

try getting someone to pull the release handle in the car while you gently 'bounce' the side of the bonnet that wont come up, it sometimes works, i used to have to do it all the time on my valver. if you dont have anyone to help, loop the drivers seatbelt around the handle to keep it in the 'pulled' position then do the bounce thing. hope that helps!

tried that, still nothing,

isnt there a way you can do it from underneath the car, i understand if it ccant be posted on public forum, maybe someone can pm me,

Yes there is, use the search.

On either side of the radiator, viewed from underneath, you will see the catches. Pull the handle back and tie it open with the seat belt. Then get under the car and poke the latches around with a long screwdriver until they release.

Then replace/readjust bowden cable so it doesn't happen again.

Oh and I worked that out myself, so I'm sure a thief could equally do that, so no issues with posting it imo.

when my bonnet cable snapped i had to remove the grill,which is very easy but just be carefull,you can then just give the cables a bit of a pull

Old thread i know but there are older ones resurrected.

I've got a similar problem - the cable's NOT snapped, but the handle only opens the passenger side lifter. Opened the bonnet by twisting the cable with some pliers from underneath, not ideal but it did the job. But i cant seem to work out HOW the drivers side is supposed to open - if you pull the handle the cable should pull the arm connected to the lifter cam. But with the bonnet open there is nowhere for the cable to go - ie its fully relaxed. There is a channel about 3cm long where the lifter arm moves. This is free there is not seizing. It appears that there should be something to retain the white plastic collar in a different position, only i can work out what.

Another thing, the handle has a retaiing plate for the cable which keeps it in tension. This looks like its bust - is there an easy fix or can i get a replacement clip. The hook at the end is also intact - i can still open the passenger side by pulling the cable directly. Hope this makes sense. Cheers all.