Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

touran rear wiper

Here's a few pics of my modded Touran rear wiper arm and blade, works fine although I reckon a new transporter arm would look more balanced - going to try that next.

I had to move the blade up the arm on the touran one and it's designed for a flat parking position but through a spindle in the screen not below on the bodywork like the C.

It does look neater though IMO.

David.

Hm yeah.. very nice.. does modernise the rear wiper a hell of a lot :)

that looks good mate, very neat! was it easy to do? what does the transporter wiper look like?

Transporter has 2 possibilities I reckon, a long straight blade, about 2" longer than the touran one (for the single tailgate van) and the right hand side arm from a twin rear door transporter, the latter is probably the best as it looks like it has much the same angle of bend in the arm as the standard Corrado one with roughly the same length of arm and blade, will be off to the VW Commercial forecourt at lunch time!

Touran jobby took 15 mins to modify and fit and will go on the back of my Golf IV if I go for a transporter one on the C, only cost 20 quid all in anyway. All these new arms and blades seem to be the aero style now, cheap to make I think.

One other costly option would be a new Octavia arm with the washer hose re-routed and a vauxhall style aerial with the jet built in, but I think lifes too short to try that :lol:

David.

I'll be very interested to see how this all turns out as I still have the standard rear wiper on and the lupo fronts, which looks a little silly

Me too, good job mate I think it looks brilliant

looks very nice good job 8) really makes the rear look very modern and it will look much better than the current lupo front and original rear setup i have now

do you have any part numbers or prices ??? what do i need to ask for when i go into my vw stealer???

Well done, good work! I miss the good old days when folk used to post up cheap and easy mods like that quite regularly!

My only reservation is the blade looks lost on that huge screen....looks like a token effort compared to the standard item.....but the standard one looks too far the other way though....and is ugly! And the fact the curvature of the spindle end is facing the wrong way...

Would be interested in seeing the Transporter one!

I'll be very interested to see how this all turns out as I still have the standard rear wiper on and the lupo fronts, which looks a little silly!

This is a first stab at a new style rear aero wiper, although it works it's not ideal now I've fitted it in place. The new blades need to be fixed in the centre, or very close to, otherwise the pressure on the screen isn't even. This is where I'm hoping one of the transporter arms will be better, as the bottom of the blade starts further up the arm, hopefully not too bulky looking as the arm is bigger.

This seems to have started on the mkIV's forum with the mkV golf/polo arms being fitted to the back of mkIV's.

David.

You may of course be able to just use a different blade in that arm?

no, not really, it's not long enough, here's a couple more options though:

couldn't find a new aero style twin door transporter, but have seen them around, imagine the right arm laying flat on the C.

the single door version would be better than the touran arm as the blade is about the same size, perhaps a bit longer, but starts further up the arm from the spindle giving better clearance of the window rubber on the C, still wouldn't park flat though.