dinkus

The definitive 312mm brakes onto a VR thread

Dinkus, as i've said before, those dodgey 16s you got from Kev s.ck big time they need to go. If that happens let me know!

Would i be right in thinking a 97 R reg vento vr6 has 288s on like the highline?

If I'm being honest I have to say I really like those wheels.

They look good, but they arent any good if he can't stop, and he really needs to be able to stop as he can't drive :p

Dinkus, did you get a chance to look at that audi on the way to work this morning?

Heh heh, first - I did resize the pics to match jedi, I'm not an eejit ;) I made the 280's on mine 280pix across and the 312s on yours 312pix across. The problem is, the resolution on the pics isn't too great and dependin exactly on where you line the centres of the wheels up means that it's hard to tell exactly. Either way, it'll be very close.

Nick, yeah right, keep dreaming... I like these wheels too much ;)

At the moment it's looking like I might go for 288s, because I'm not 100% about the 312s fitting and they're going to cost an extra £100 or so.

And Scruff, nope, sorry had to go get a train. I was gonn take a look now, but it's wazzing down so screw that :lol:

They look good, but they arent any good if he can't stop, and he really needs to be able to stop as he can't drive

Superb... :lol:

I'm sure not if this was covered, but here are the parts you need:

All you need for a VR6 corrado is... TT rotors, TT carriers, mk3 288mm VR6 calipers, and spacers for the carrier->spindle bolts. I think the spacers are either 6mm or 8mm, can't remember. I also used the brake line and fitting off a mk4.

Also requires 16" or larger wheels.

Here is an old picture on my 16in Oettingers. The calipers have since been repainted.

3-eurosunday_27.jpg

Another pic.

Corrado_004.sized.jpg

Hope this helps.

Yup, thanks RS VR6 :)

I'm pretty sure I know which parts I need, but it's now a matter of seeing if they'll fit under my 16s or not :?

According to ETKA, the standard Carrier -> Hub bolts are M12x1.5x35 so make of that what you will...

Erm, I would appear to have purchased a 312mm setup on ebay last night.

I blame Tom and beer.

DO IT, you'll not regret moving up to the 312mm. Mine have nicely bedded in now and you can force your eyeballs out of the sockets by stamping on the brakes.

It almosts hurts sometimes! makes the ABS work overtime too....

T.

I blame Tom and beer.

:lol:

Knew you'd do it!

Do you mean beer, or do you mean Pimms? ;)

I blame Tom and beer.

Conrgats! Let us know how it turns out.

Just don't do this :drinking: during the install. :lol:

As you well know, Mr. Thomas Persuasion, it was beer. Kronenburg to be precise :p

And hee hee, sounds good Timo. - it's not a case of not wanting to, it's a case of whether they'll fit... gona find out soon tho (hopefully before E38, but dunno yet).

And RS VR6, will do :) and I'm gonna get a garage to change them over, I don't trust myself with bleeding brakes :?

:lol: The bastard.

I'm updating the first post as I find new info, so when I get them on I'll make this into a how-to type affair and remove the thread.

Oh sh.t, another thing i'll have to do....

Blimmey XB, you got over that stealth bill quickly! Just be thankfull Tom does'nt have a supercharger! (Well, one he would sell you anyway!)

I've now decided to bin my credit card bill every month. I don't want to see it. I'll direct debit the minimum payment for a while and then get it paid off.

Did that at Uni, ended up with filling the credit cards I just emptied! I'll stick to paying extortionate interest. Might teach me a lesson not to spend so much.

Birth...........Death........................................Pay off credit card

|--------------|---------------------------------------------|

:lol:

Keep us posted mate... one of my calipers has seized so its the perfect time to upgrade.

Any pics or a fitting guide would be REALLY helpful.

Good luck anyway, I hope they fit.

Apparently the callipers are on the delivery van...

But as I'm leaving for E38 in about 3hrs, I doubt they'll get here before I go :(