Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

How Do I Remove Dash Air Vent Grilles?

Hi all!

was just wondering how you remove the sections in the dash board that hold the air vents?

its just that my left to right rotation has broken so when i turn the wheels in the centres of the vents they just dont work :(

i think im gonna have some trouble sourcing new ones too cos my car is LHD :cry:

Alex

You can just pop the actual vents out by putting your fingers in the gaps and pulling them towards you, if that's what's broken? And there is/was a LHD G60 in a scrappy in Crawley that may still have the vents in it...

Or, call one of these guys - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28603

cheers! :D

do you know the number for the crawley breakers by any chance?

Or you can try levering them slightly from the side witha screwdriver and then gently pulling them out.

both chrisvr6 nos and I have removed vents and had the clips that hold them in place break - they seem very brittle, maybe its their age? anyway, as Dave says, just pull....carefully!

Was really hoping to get them in some soapy water and get all the dust out. They really aren't that bad, just when the sun shines from behind the car that it lights up all the dust!

And there is/was a LHD G60 in a scrappy in Crawley that may still have the vents in it...

Really????

Bridges?

I phoned them last weekend and they said they had nothing.