Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

What are th symptoms of worn rear bushes?

On mine it was the back stepping out alot more easily than it does now - but I didn't notice this until they were replaced

Quite a harsh ride also over bumps

Yea, mine are definitley shagged, the car definitley judders over bumps and skips around a bit. Just a case of deciding what kit to get,powerflex, and if so how many bushes?

I'd use the search for this one as it often comes up and then you can read the Powerflex vs VAG bush discussion! :)

uh oh, some how I think I may be reading for some time! LOL.

Think I'm going to have to get new suspension (VAG) and discs and pads aswell.

If you've got dead rear axle bushes the car feels very sloppy to drive - it will wander and feel uneasy at speed, give you unsteady cornering if you load up the car a bit and just generally not feel very confidence inspiring.

Yea, mine kinda feels a bit like that, have you ever changed old VAG suspension for new (VAG) ones Dinkus? because I do a fair few miles, I want to keep the ride a bit on the soft side but I'm looking to do a few changes, hence my above post that will make me like my VR a bit more.

My car feels much more planted at high speeds (private roads of course) whereas before it was quite unnerving at really high speeds tended to wander a bit and my bushes were not that bad!

Samm you will find that VAG suspension, springs & dampers, will cost you more than a set of Koni TA's and H&R springs for your car so you may want to reconsider that..

samm_cvr6, yup, I changed my rear axle bushes, shocks and springs for all VAG stuff on my last C and it transformed how it felt.

But as the springs for a VR are £50 a pop and the shocks are £35 each, you can get Konis and H&Rs for only a wee bit more.

The Konis and H&Rs are stiffer than standard, but they soak up the bumps well and the car feels seriously more planted.

hmm, money is an issue which is why I will prob go down this route of Koni dampers with H&R springs- so you think I could pick them up for about £300?

then just need the discs and pads which shouldn't be much, then the Miltek, when will it ever stop?? actually, don't answer that, LOL.

Heh heh

Vag disks are something like £50 a pair up front and £35 a pair out back, not sure on pads tho cos I've never bought 'em.

My personal preference would be a Magnex over a Milltek, I've got one on mine and it's suuuper quiet (until you give it some welly :norty: ) and that's about £350 fitted I think.

Ooh er, well, if you are sure the Magnex is quiter than the Miltek? damn, I really wanted to keep my VR all original and don't want to make the mistake of buying some chavy boy racer style exhaust again.

So when does the noise on the Magnex start to get loud? at what revs?

It's not so much what revs you are at, it's how open the throttle is. It'll sit nice and quietly on the motorway, but if you plop your foot down to overtake then it growls quite nicely 8)

MMM, sounds nice, I have noticed how the VR engine does sound a lot different at WOT even at as low as 2.5k, I wouldn't do it below that because might strain the engine a bit, hopefully the exhaust would compliment that.

I was on the M20 the other day tho, just cruising at 70 and a very similar Corrado to mine (black K reg) overtook me, but I was actually in the slow lane and couldn't tell wether his was a VR oe not, but his exhaust sounded a bit pikey and kinda put me off a bit, he must of been doing over a tonne tho.

Samm if you are going to E38 there will be plenty or Zorsts etc to compare as Dinkus has his magnex and NickVR6 has a miltek.

I would say that it is well worth the effort of finding some guys or gals on here who are near you and have made the mods you are considering and going to have a look at there cars if it is ok with them.

Yup, I'll take you out for a drive in mine so you can hear what it's like.

Although I did notice that I have a swiss-cheesed airbox the other day, so it's a bit noisier than it should be :cry:

what is this E38??? I thought you guys were talking about a BMW or soemthing for a while!!! LOL.

Whats the date/location?

cheers.