Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Now I really have broken ma new storm

Never had an accident in nine years of driving, get a mint Corrado storm and some knobber white van man drives into the side of it on a roundabout two weeks later. I know people can have much worse car crashes so I am trying to look on the bright side but the doors gonna have to be changed and the sill has got a nasty looking crease in- all the other panels are untouched tho which is a plus. I have to phone the body shop tomorrow to get it booked in to be fixed. Anyone got any experience on how well body shops manage to colour match the mystic blue paintwork?

that goes some way to explain those white bumbers then. I am afraid you are right tho- yours probably is a lot worse than mine :( :( . Looked nice (& low) when I saw it on Fri tho :) :)

Sorry James- I though you meant you would look next time you were passing. I woulda come out to have a chat. Oh well- cheers for taking the picture. It isn' that bad really but the sill has got a nasty crease under the door. had a lucky escape on Fri as well. came out Dragonville pretty fast, turned left onto the sliproad on to the a690 towards Durham- back end came round and i wound up facing the way I cane but right up on the right hand grass verge (you'll see the marks if you go past). Maybe I have had a luckier weekend than i thought :? :?

Hello again

I just live down the road so thats why i had quick look :D

Yea i had noticed the grass sticking out of the driver side rims :?

My C had a tendency to step out the rear end due to to much rear brakes :shock:

C u around...

Cheers James

I must have been going fast cos i didn't use the brakes until the back end came out. It was very wet tho. Thing is I didn't hit the pedal hard enough for the ABS to kick in until it was on the grass. You only really apreciate how heavy these cars are until you get them sliding :( :(

4000 Quid !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a p*** take !! :shock:

How long is it gona be off road then?

James

Have you seen how much Corrado body parts are??? G60 BBS wheels cost £360 each from the dealer! Wings are well over £100, doors are on the wrong side of £200 and I hate to think how much it'll cost to get a new sill welded in. I still say £4K is OTT though and they might be inclined to writing it off. I'd personally hope for that to be honest because once a car needs new sills or floor, that's it, it's never the same again.

Kev

I know the price of bits...I have one :wink:

Dealer prices are a rip off(typical insurance quotes)Stupid :?

But writing it off might be better,Get paid out ,buy it back then get it repaired alot cheaper ,second hand bits ect...

The car its self is not that bad.......LOOK at myne :(

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2224

And that cost me 800 quid ... :D

Cheers James

Get it bought back and spend the cash you make on lovley new bits, if its only a sill and door your not talking mega money, you will be able to find cheaper gear shopping about and using secound hand stuff. Wouldent worry about talking a sill of a coupe, convertible yes, but the coup has the roof for support.

Had a look mate at your VR mate and its not that bad :)

Took a pic for u

P.S your passanger window is semi open

don't know if its just the trick of the camera..........but it looks like there is some roof damage(well where the door shuts into) maybe thats why its costing so much

not sure why but the assessor says the door alone is £700 unfitted & unpainted. The car drives fine so please let me know how easy it is to make sure the insurers give it back to me cos I ma not letting this car go without a fight thats for sure so any help appreciated!!

I don't think they will write it off to be fair. It cost me £7300 but the book price is still £6000. Its only done 77k with full VWSH etc so I reckon it will get repaired. The guy says it needs new sill, door, rear quarter and respray on one side of the car. I would appreciate your help tho James- What about six pm ish tomorrow (Sunday)?

Cheers