Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the rarest car you've ever seen?

Followed a Lamborghini Diablo up to 130mph on the A19

Seen a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, and an Aston Martin V8 Vantage (1986-89 version) in Yarm. Don't know how rare these cars are, but they were pretty cool to see 'in the wild' :lol:

Scirroco 16v Right hand drive.I owned this car and was informed it was one of only a handful of cars imported and converted before sale in uk.

Also if any of you have seen a Campaign Corrado then there were only 6 of them ever made so i would class that as extremely rare.

On a supercar note i saw a De tomaso Pantera Gts once in Edinburgh and have never seen another in the flesh.

saw a Murciélago on the back of a lorry on the way to Brighton on friday absolutely smashed to pieces! how pissed would you be!

On a supercar note i saw a De tomaso Pantera Gts once in Edinburgh and have never seen another in the flesh.

Was it working? :lol: One of Ford's biggest cock ups, although they did acquire Ghia for their troubles!

Saw a Ferrari F50 on the A17 the other month, gorgeous!!! I think its also the one that made Clarkson sh*t his pants!!! lol

Saw an original Hemi Cuda convertible in the glades on hols in florida a few years back, i think they are rare. Not my bag but it sounded the nuts and was mint beyond all mintyness. (same as Don Johnsons in that series whatever its called). This one was a lime green colour with black stripes though, not yellow.

The Cuda Convertible is extremely rare mate, only 10 made AFAIK, although there are quite a few "copies" about.

A mint Cuda would sell for around £100,000!!

I think that will be very hard to beat, unless anyone has spotted a Pegaso Spider??

I chatted to the bloke who was very american, and soooo into his cars.

Seemed he had a load of cars around the 69/70 american era including a baldwin something camero he reckoned was worth more than the cuda.

Never seen one of whatever that was but i've been looking ever since.

Cuda was original and he said 8 were ever made.

Quite liked the way the whole car rocked from side to side when he blipped it!

Spose it must have been packing some torque! With longdeetudinal mounting.

He was a bit i've got this that and the other, but was nice and i have respect for anyone who has that much commitment to their motors and keeping them that clean.

Also helps to be f...ing loaded of course, and live somewhere where it never rains!

:lol: Very true mate.

Although the Campaign is still the rarest so far then at a production of 6.

The Baldwin-Motion Camaro is rare but is not a standard car (modded by Motion).

Lancia Delta Integrale - Martini Racing Painting (gorgeous)

Renault Clio V6

Older Ford Mustang

VW Corrado´s are also very rare in Portugal as they were not sold here!

how about a aston martin DB9-R... the race car... on the road near me the other day, scared the shit out of me as it came up, YES IT WAS A DB9-R not a DB9!

Can we have the rarest VW??

I drive to work most days in one of the rarest VWs I know of in the UK. Simon Faiers has one and I once saw one on the M6 years ago, which prompted me to buy mine when I saw it.

Nearly forgot, I have seen PHATVR6s Corrado, not so many of them about. :mrgreen:

Certainly a lot less common than 968 Clubsports, 911 RSRs etc.

Saw a couple of those butt ugly Alfa Romeos, the SZ? must be 15 years ago on a Ski Trip to Flaine in France.

There is a Gaillardo (sp) upstairs in Terminal 1 at Manchester airport, that I walk past most days. Seen a few of them around Manchester. Common as muck!

Gavin

gavin I almost bought one of your cars from canada, I see that car every day there is a guy around here that drives a white one with 140k on it, nice car, 2 bad I would chop it up for the syncro kit... :-D

Rarest of all cars has to be a BMW 318i with fully functioning indicators and an OFF switch for the front fogs

an original, un-modified, unmolested nova.

saw one of those alfa's on a garage forcourt near phatvr6's... which is a point! i've seen a 4wd r32 engine'd corrado! :D only one in the world...

speaking of which did he use syncro or haldex... lookin at doing a haldex with a fender flare kit... due to the 1" difference in width..

might not count as a rare car but deffinatly a rare sight!! saw a Lambo Murcielago on the back of a pick up truck on the way out of portsmouth, think its the only time my old golf would of ever over taken one!!