Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

What's the best looking/most ugly car ever made?

Oops, didn't see that bit:

Best looking - Lancia Fulvia HF - delicate without being feminine, last of the true Lancias

Worst Looking - BMW X3 - marketing over engineering integrity, total lack of cohesion

For the most beautiful, one of my all-time greats has to be the Cord Phaeton

Yep great looking car but for me it is bordering on interesting not beautiful, in the same way that I find Jamie Lee Curtis interesting but not beautiful.

Strange how no Ferrari's have been mentioned, or is it?

Best looking: Agreeing with the cobra they are purely stunning, think I would put he Shelby GT500 a very close second

Ugly: Agreeing with the multipla :pukeright: :pukeright:

my personal feeling on ferraris' is that they have been devalued by footballers and the such. In a perfect world cars like that could be driven only by enthusiasts. not that footballers cant be car fans but there seems to be a degree of one-up-manship and that cheapens the big supercars for me.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I'd say the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale as the best looking (without the stripe)

Worst looking, Multipla again!

Gees, the multipla seems to be getting a real bashing! but I think if you go on the Fiat forum, you will hear them describe it as 'quirky' LOL.

Rather than this just being a list, I reckon you should pull your best and worse from Google Image Search ;)

Will make it more interesting to read if you don't know what the person's on about!

I'm sorry, but gradeAfailure wins by a long stretch! That thing is awesome!! :D I love old Art-Deco type American cars. They're all so mental and hugely impractical - it's wonderful :D

Ugliest car - Rover 400 (or indeed any 90's Rover) because it was awful, out of date and over-priced when they brought it out and then continued to sell it for far, far, far, far too long. It was so mediocre that it makes it truly horrid for me.

Edit: On and the Cobra and Eleanor are damned sexy beasts too. I feel I should flex my anorak a bit and say that the Eleanor in the recent Gone In 60 Seconds is actually a 500E because it was made specially for the film with some extra mental bits to the original 500. They then produced a very small run of them by stripping down original 'stangs and rebuilding them in mentalist spec. They had a retail price of something staggering like $275,000 each! :shock:

the best looking car ever made for me is...

the opel manta 400.

i think its the perfect shape,i sorta drew that shape as a kid when drawing cars.

There used to be hideous jap car - Toyota I think, looked :gag: from the back. Like the number plate was an afterthought, and they just stuck it anywhere they could.

I cant for the life of me remember which model it was.

But it looks kinda like MK2 Golf's do when they put the rear plate in the bumper

I'm gonna go 250gto or project aston, not sure which one, but its very light metallic green and at goodwood every year.

Bedford van, you know the one where the wheels are at least 3 feet inside the wheel arches. Give me goose bumps when i see them, they must defy the laws of physics when cornering at more than 3 mph!

BEST- Lamborghini Diablo

Worse- Golf MK3------they jus made the worse Golf ever in them years

Best car: TVR Tuscan looks fast when its stood still and is fairly affordable

Worst: Ford Scorpio, posssibly the only car which would look better after a pile up

best for me is most ford mustangs from the 60's and the bmw 850 csi (i think its that one anyway!)

worst definatly the multipla but didnt it win car of the year or somthing?

@Paddyg, yes it is :lol:

Worst car is the edsel!

58.front.jpg

as for the best.......good question, maybe ferrari 250 gto?

Ssangyong Rodius?

It is absolutely disgusting, although maybe not quite as bad as jamzontoast's Pontiac Aztec, that car actually made me honk.

samm_cvr6, Musso? yeah, one of those feckers smashed in the front lights and grill on J-DUB not long after I'd got her and just drove off... I hate 'em too... :mad:

Anyway,

Nicest: AC Cobra 427

Ugliest: AMC Pacer... Also regularly voted worst ever car... :pukeright:

ah yes! personally, I think that is currently the worst one, because it carries with it that real cheap, jap, plasticky look, it doesnt look good from any angle what so ever, where as the other older cars can be argued they have "character"

isn't the mazda 121 essentially an old fiesta anyway? wagon R is pretty damn awful, not bad choice, but think we might have to start a new thread for most practical, because that means different things to different people, some look at space, others purely at mpg etc..