Sign in to follow this  
4stud

Unluckiest Corrado owner

Come on i need cheerin up! Had the car for about 6 months and the list is still growing.

Crack in exhaust manifold (will weld up somewhen)

Buckled rear wheel

All exhaust silencers shattered inside (still cant get 1st silencer anywhere)

Cat rattled (untill the insides came out the back)

Front wheel bearing had to be changed

4 new tyres

Discs need replacing

Tappets tapping

Thought wheel bearing went again but after removing the wheel the noise was at the top end of the drive shaft.

Reversed it into the house and marked the bumper

Need 2 new front tyres

Had bad oil leak

Had bad water leak (still loosing a bit)

Come on surley i must win some kind of prize! As long as it's not another Corrado. :cry:

Sounds like you got off lightly :lol:

Get yourself a new exhaust with a cat-bypass pipe :)

You can probably obtain a second-hand manifold from somewhere, but changing it might be a bit of a bugger.

On the bright side, most of the stuff you've done won't need doing again for a quite a while now :)

you got to remember the corrado is getting on a bit now..if it was a ford you would of had to change all them twice by now

im nor even goin to start mate but have had it worse and my car still doesnt drive anything near right

also theres no decent mechanics where i live , no other corrado owners

just me goin crazy and trying to sort things myself

it even got nicked and the robbin batsards left it around the corner cos it drives so bad!

That's it in 6 months...?! Heheh, you got off lightly mate!

Nah, I know how you feel, it's kind of gutting to always be fixing stuff instead of enjoying it... Just go for a drive round a town centre and try and catch sight of the car in shop window reflections - you'll remember exactly why you bought her! :lol:

2 Tyres in 6 months cause i love it and cant stop drivin it! Only got cheepies as well mind. Discs were not lookin good when i bought the thing so i only got myself to blame.

Heliosnoblow - They left it round the corner LOL

Did the old shop window trick earlier and it's still not for sale, even if i do keep having to sweep bits of it off the drive.

yep, very lightly indeed, I spent £1,500 on mine with a month of getting the damn thing!!! now I think to myself, why should I let someone else get a bargain after I've just spent shi* loads on it!! LOL.

most the things you mentioned shouldn't be tooo pricey! (he says, lol)

Do yourself a favour tho and get some new suspension,brakes and decent tyres gsf car parts and mytyres, it is a sporty car remember so no point buying the cheapest tyres you can find.

i had a hole put in the top of my fuel tank too

and all the wheels on it when i bought it were buckled bar one

and apparently the rear axles bent on one side

so far i spent 4000 euros on it to start and im getting close to another 2000 on top of that, far too much for a g60 but there few and far between here

i just hope it'll be worth it in the end.....

welcome to Corrado ownership mate - my valver was in one piece when i bought her and promptly fell to bits over the next few weeks. i was sooooooooo used to having to sit waiting on the hard shoulder for someone to come rescue me and the car i kept a book in her so i wouldnt get bored!!! i've learned more about mechanics since i got her than i could in a year working in a garage!!!! she's still not perfect (we had an attack of 'hiccups' the other nite for no reason) but damn she looks good and i love driving her - plus she's given the boyf something to amuse himself with instead of working on his own!!! :D

i got her in March and i'd be here all nite if i listed all the stuff thats broke or needed something done to it!!! enjoy it while it lasts, you'll be bored when u've got nothing to fix............... :roll:

:D

Gees, 6k euros!!! LMAO! sorry, but that is serious, even for a G60, persevere tho, you've come this far, and like you say, I bet there aren't many out there ay!!

Come on i need cheerin up!...

Could be worse.. my mate blew his charger within 12 hours of ownership.

get yourself a G60 mate, then you'll feel the burn!

sympathy is not something you'll find here!.. Empathy however...

bristolbaron - What colour is your car? Seen someone a few months ago on the A4 Newton st lowe roundabout on the junction coming from Bristol heading Bath drection. Was it you?

Heres mine

000_0295.JPG

I'm always amazed when I read how much people have spent on their cars. I've had my snotter of a 1.8 16v for two years now and I doubt I've even spent a grand on it in total, including two MOTs and a 280mm brake upgrade. It's always had an issue where it starts on three cylinders when warm but it does always start and it's never let me down...yet.

I'm not one for changing parts unless they're actually broken although there are parts I'd probably upgrade if I had the money, such as the tired suspension. Cheap Corrado ownership is happy Corrado ownership!

I'm not even gonna think about what J-DUB cost me in the first year of ownership... I'm reasonably sure it was damned close to 9K though... :crazyeyes:

H-YYU's been lots better... Well under £1K in the first 6 months I had her on servicing and tyres etc with no major problems... 8)