Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

Mequiars Clay Bar - Whos used it?

Ill agree with the above it only makes a real difference if you have traffic film all over the car to start with, however now all of the minor scratches (and the big ones) really stand out.

well ive never used a clay bar until recently so i thought it would make a huge impact, only used the cleaner wax and apparently that works totally seperate to the bar........so in theory or in my case it would be more beneficial to jus buy some decent cleaner wax than a clay bar?

ive always wondered about this clay bar business...

never seen the need for it :?

sounds like its alright if your not so much of a polish freak? :cyclops:

neil.

jus wash and wax the bloody thing,,,,thats wat ive always done and got nothing but compliments although the meguiars gold class does give you a really good wetloook

Clay barred mine last night, and it does look better, and paint feels a lot smoother, just need a polish and we should be good!

Right, I've just clay'd my C and there's a very noticable difference.

If you run your hand over your paintwork and it goes "shhhh" then a clay bar will make it silky smooth and your hand will slide silently over the paint.

I deliberately didn't do the sunroof on mine, so if people are about at E38, then you can fondle my paintwork and see what we're all on about :)

my paintwork today it sticky and got like glue feeling to it and finger prints over eack panel and lots of dust...tomorrow im washing it and waxing it thats it and see what u think at edition

my paintwork today it sticky and got like glue feeling to it and finger prints over eack panel and lots of dust...tomorrow im washing it and waxing it thats it and see what u think at edition

your paint was rougher than a badgers ass today mate.... get that clay out on it.

Well, having spent £60 at Halfords today on cleaning stuff in prep for E38 (damn it'd better be worth it!), I shall be clay-barring mine at about 7am tomorrow, after having fitted all my interior trim back in...

i spent £60 abt 6 weeks ago and went back yesterday to pick up a few bits and bobs for cleaning and spent another £30 i think i got the whole megs range now

Claybarred mine yesterday (stop tittering at the back!).

Much easier than I thought, hardly felt anything. If it's like this, I suppose it proves your paintwork has been looked after by an obsessional neurotic or two and probably wasn't worth doing anyway?

Gives you a psychological boost, though, knowing you have at least "done it" like most of the keen guys! :shock: ooh...err!