Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

sorry to hear the crap thats happining, :brickwall: but everytime i read one of your new posts it just makes me chuckle your so funny dude!!

i'd also get in touch with gibber sounds like he's offering ya an helping hand

niel > Have you taken the car to anyone who knows about g60's for them to have a look... i would take gibber up on his offer... isnt gav "h100vw" near you too ? dont be dis hearten'd if you cant get it running right just take it to someone who can help you ...

Sorry mate but I have offered to come and help you plenty of times in the past and all you say is thanks.

If you need a hand mate let me know!

will do m8,thanks!

just about to find out if a m8 of a m8's gota timing light i can borrow.

cheers,neil.

aye but,its been hard work,im not always at the pc,and my units at the other end of town,

plus ive gotta work :( only part time like,and i just wanted to try sort it locally before either getting other help (which i have no money for) or just getting pissed off with it...

and tbh i dont really expect anyone to go out of there way for me for nothing? why should you?

i honestly wouldnt be able to offer a few beers or a pack of fags or anything.

ive literally got the petrol in the car and not a penny to my name.

thats how bad it is at the mo.

i really do appreciate the offers of help,ive had plenty but i need to look at the bigger picture,cars have got me in serious debt and i need to get sorted.

if the worst comes after ive had a think about things and i cant sort anything,then ill pm one of you guys and hopefully you will be able to help me???

neil.

leave it for a few days dont think about it it isnt mechanical by the sounds of it, just confusing oh and have a damn drink if you cant affoord it drink the petrol!

niel > Have you taken the car to anyone who knows about g60's for them to have a look... i would take gibber up on his offer... isnt gav "h100vw" near you too ? dont be dis hearten'd if you cant get it running right just take it to someone who can help you ...

not anyone who specifically knows about em darren,just so called mates who will help.

in fact i lost a m8 today,he was going to lend me the timing light but as i pulled up i heard him say something that i didnt appreciate so i just drove off,and he can kiss my arse tbh.dont want to go into it but i just feel pretty shit at the minute.

like i want to go to bed and not wake up...

leave it for a few days dont think about it it isnt mechanical by the sounds of it, just confusing oh and have a damn drink if you cant affoord it drink the petrol!

:lol: that made me laugh for the first time today.

unfortunately m8,i know how bad things can get.

ive just recently,well in the past 12 months,pulled through a long spate of depression.

but i dont really want to go into that here.

all ill say is that its easy to slide down the ladder of life,but hard to get back up there... :?

sorry,im not trying to turn this into a sob story or anything,im not like that.

neil.

I kinda know how you feel mate, financial and accommodation worries are bugging me at the mo...

I will say this though - yours has always been one of my personal favourites on here, and if you can find any way of keeping it then I'd do so... My Passat seems to just be one continuous list of problems, all of which need money spent to sort them, but just having people come up to me at E38 and look disappointed when I tell them that it's not there has made me realise how much I want to keep it...

Depression sucks ass bigstyle, and I can say been there, done that, got the scars to prove it, so I know where you're coming from. At the end of the day, it's just a car, and nothing's worth sacrificing your mental health or wellbeing for.

I hope you manage to come through it smiling at the other end mate, I really do.

Chin up!

My help comes free!!!!!!!!

Look mate enough people have helped and taught me, I dont mind passing it on, and if I get stuck then I will turn to Darren (G-man) and Gavin (h100vw) once we got a better understanding of whats up.

It will turn out to be nothing trust me.

The offer is there, I got nothing on most nites this week, and Im free!

Coz I dont even drink brews or smoke, a glass of nice cold pop would be nice tho.

I got all the tools aswell.

Its up to you PM me with your mobile and I will give you a ring!

No scratch that its not up to you just pm your mobile and lets get it sorted!

Ring me or I will hunt you down dude! :mrgreen:

Turns phone off.......

No really Neil, don't let it get you down. Gibber is right it'll be summat simple. In the plane world we like catastrophic faults cos they are easier to find. It's the little come and go ones that get you down.

Gavin

dave,gavin,anthony-cheers. :)

a little update:

after some serious family problems last night,i lost the plot a little.

at around 11.30pm i just got in the cab and drove away from everyone,went to see my best m8 who's plaque is in the local grave yard.

its a real quiet place with loads of trees and wotnot,real nice and peacefull.

sat watching a hedgehog,it was running about like mad! near the road on a grass verge,i stayed untill it went back through some gates into the graveyard,was ready to jump out the car and kick it back in :lol:

>did i really need to type all that

so anyway,i was up at the unit untill around 2.30am,started taking the head off the car going off the mechanics advice.

he said it needs to be looked at really?

got as far as taking the inlet manifold/exhaust manifold off which was fun. :D

and thats as far as ive got.

my dads at the unit right now cracking on with it.

so anthony are you gonna hunt me down? :lol:

or can i just pm you my number if i get stuck,i think as ive got it to this stage now that its a case of just see if theres anything visualy wrong,and also inspect the crank pully and fit the dx bolt etc at the same time.

neil. :oops:

I will pm you my number, I would start with the easy first, static timing, then timing advance. and the basics on snstuning.com.

I will pm you my number

nice one m8 8)

do you think a sticky valve or pumped up tappet could be the problem?

i have my doubts as it tends to stop the weird backfiring thing,it clears up after ticking over for a bit.

still dosnt drive though....

Don;t have that head off, have you seen the price of a gasket kit for a G60.

Do the easy and cheap first.

Gavin

still trying to get through :roll:

its a business phone he has...

what ya reckon?

the guy at the garage checked the timing anyway and said it was ok?

and we had just double checked the valve timing,it was actually a tooth out,but ran the same after altering it a tooth. :?

just got through,he told me to shut up and said it was natural to check everything just before the head came off anyway.

he is an oldskool mechanic,bit rusty like but he's alright. :lol:

You are £50 up then at least.

Got to do a compression test or leak down test, before having the head off.

An old boy once told me that all engine snags are electrical until you prove otherwise...

Gavin

£50 :!:

what compression readings should we get gavin?

is the leak down test where you fill the cylinder(s) with air,and feel for any loss through the rocker breather/exhaust etc?

neil.