Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

:(

its fecked.

i dont even know how to describe the problem,its weird :?

started it up today and it ran like crap on tickover,went to rev it and it just died.

sort of kept it running while messing with the throttle,the isv was sucking stupid amounts of air and a shit load of smoke was coming out of the rocker breather and oil cap (when took off).

it started farting? :? and i dunno,backfiring through the isv,presumably in the inlet manifold too?

theres also a loud intermittent tick/click from the inlet manifold?

its just feckin weird and it gets worse...

while ticking over and doing the farting business/smoking out of breather/isv sucking,it just cleared up :?

so i started driving it home,and it just wouldnt go.

foot to the floor made it die.

please help,im supposed to be going to scotland in it soon,but im just getting depressed by the friggin thing now....

neil.

yep,changed it a few months back m8 :(

im actually willing to get the car back out the garage,drive back to the unit and try anything that anyone can suggest,im willing to try anything....

weather it be now/midnight/1am,2am,3am im not bothered,just want it right.

in fact im on the verge of putting an advert up,but my sensible head says ill get feck all for it. :(

could someone just confirm that the ecu pipe goes to the higher of the 2 inlets on the t-body?

i think thats right?

thats how its piped up anyway.

yes.... if standing from the front of the car it on the upper left hand nipple on the back of the throttle body.

dont loose hope yet - youve come a long way with it to date so hang in there. a few more problems sorted and you'll above water. sorry cant help you but maybe worth getting a garage you can trust to sort it out for you and be done with the problem?

yeah thats right. sounds alot like the problem i have got at the moment, just waiting on a ecu coming because we narrowed it down to that, mine started like that then it wouldnt fire up at all. you tried cleaning the isv. is the blue temp sensor plugged in and working, because i noticed when i had the ignition on and the blue temp sensor unplugged the isv made a ticking noise.

yes.... if standing from the front of the car it on the upper left hand nipple on the back of the throttle body.

cheers darren,i thought it was like that.

dont loose hope yet - youve come a long way with it to date so hang in there. a few more problems sorted and you'll above water. sorry cant help you but maybe worth getting a garage you can trust to sort it out for you and be done with the problem?

thanks for the kick up the a$$,just that since buying it ive had nowt but trouble....

im totally out of money now,and all ive done is service it/have the charger rebuilt etc... :(

yeah thats right. sounds alot like the problem i have got at the moment, just waiting on a ecu coming because we narrowed it down to that, mine started like that then it wouldnt fire up at all. you tried cleaning the isv. is the blue temp sensor plugged in and working, because i noticed when i had the ignition on and the blue temp sensor unplugged the isv made a ticking noise.

cheers m8,bts is new and the revs drop when its unplugged,the isv was cleaned a couple weeks back too,the lambda seems fine(tested)

oh,and i unplugged the isv and it didnt stop it from doing the above :?

really dont have a clue :(

welcome. since november i have managed to spend near 3K on my g60 and i still look at it and think, bah its hopeless, still soo much needs done and it can still look soo shabby. But, when its running good - i dont care. see it out - you can;t be far off now. and all the changes you've made could easily introduce problems, so let things balance themselves out ;)

aye,its got me back in debt again too.

before the charger/chip/rsr etc it did the weird farting thing before,very intermittently though,but not with the full throttle problem.

now its just doing it all the time :?

anyone in the north westfancy a look? :lol: :cry:

Did you carry out any work before this problem started to occur more frequently?

Could be something was disturbed whilst refitting the charger chip etc

Did you carry out any work before this problem started to occur more frequently?

Could be something was disturbed whilst refitting the charger chip etc

just fitted a solid front mount and had the alternater off to paint it.

im just thinking about the timing,maybe the cambelt could have jumped a tooth?

sound possible? :?

im just clutching at straws i think...

has everything been checked over in the alternator region, connections etc.

Have you checked for a spark using the ht leads, the plug on the distributor, knock sensor wiring, though dont think it would cause this problem.

yep,everything double checked m8,also checked the lambda wiring,all boost pipes etc....

in fact,i even took off the hose from the throttle body,so it wasnt running boost,and it was the same.

guessing this eliminates any charger/intercooler problems? :?

cheers for the help so far,

neil. :(

mmmmm,what about my stupid throttle body?

has new gaskets etc,dont think it should be a problem?

would this be any use for checking the fuel pressure?

i have a feeling it will just alter it rather than give me a 'current' reading? :?

if someone says yes,then ill be off upto the unit to try it!

mk1pressurereg.jpg

looking through your thread here looks like somthing u might have dislodged... are all the earth wires connected on good ?

yep,all were cleaned not so long ago darren,and ive checked them since putting the charger back on.

does it sound like an electrical fault ya think?

i really dont know :(

thanks,neil.

just reading threads like this...

dx crank bolts...

more crank pully stuff.

do the g60's have a woodruff key on the crankshaft pully?

do you think mine could have slipped or something? :?

will a timing light show this up?

it does seem very hot in the engine bay...

i believe i want 6deg btdc with the bts disconnected?

i have got a dx bolt and washer sat around.

please help :cry:

neil.