Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

Mine dosn't have an accumaltor mate...its the late set up with just the one pump in the tank > fuel filter > injector rail.

Neil.

Aye, i believe it should hold it for 10 minutes...

Injectors/seals etc have all been changed, and there are no fuel leaks anywhere... :?

Neil.

i had the same problem as you are describing,it ended up being ignition timing was slightly out, and the air flow sensor in the intercooler pipe was nackered even though it had been tested 3 times and seemed to be ok changed that and car runs spot on.

Cheers mate, ign timing is perfectly set at 6deg btdc, and the c/o pot has been swapped for another along with the seal.

Its off the road now anyway, Ill let it sit and rot.

Neil.

Cheers mate, i spotted that post and had a look, but all is spot on.

Off the road??? Your not giving up are you mate?

Nah, well, for now i suppose...Its sat like this while i use the new valver for a while. I miss driving the damn thing though...

121008g60offroad8.jpg

121008g60offroad7.jpg

Neil.

yea mine is actually running great now, Had all sorts of bodges inside the tank.Deffo worth a look to rule it out! ive changed pretty much everything bar the knock sensor also (need to do it though as the insulation is starting to crumble off

least you have got a G!

long time no speak dude, been meaning to catch up wi ya but house move, lack of car and this flippin cold im suffering with has meant im bed ridden.

dont much like winter.

Well well :lol: Nearly another year on and the problem is still with me.

It's not long had brand new red tops, brand new 3.5bar fuel pressure reg and a full wideband lambda setup which now feeds the original ecu and a gauge.

I've been doing a little investigating lately after i had some strange afr readings...If i hold the throttle pedal at say 1500rpm, the afr fluctuates at 13/14:1 and sounds a little lumpy. But now and again, every so often (still holding same throttle) the engine sound becomes 'cleaner' and the afr drops to 11/12:1 then back up to 13/14:1 and so on...

I've got a crap video from cold start for now, may get more if anyone thinks it's worth it?

th_g60afrvideo3.jpg

I wouldn't disagree with that rolex :lol:

It's an Innovate lc-1 wideband lambda and DB gauge.

Just a reminder of the problem...I can be setting off from a roundabout, and as i press the throttle i just get a 'fluff' or 'fart' noise and the revs don't rise. It also does it when i double de clutch, or just rev the car when it's sat still. It only happens now and again and is really, really annoying. I have litterally replaced every single accessory under the bonnet apart from the actual wiring loom and engine block (head been off and valves reseated etc etc)

The cam timing is perfect, the ignition timing is bang on 6deg btdc, the crank keyway is mint.

Yep, i've currently got it averaging at 1:12 on the gauge, I had it set at instant before that which is a little harder to follow and get an average reading from.

Currently running an sns chip written for red tops etc. I think the next thing i need to try is a full new exhaust system, it does need one as the original is blowing slightly in a few places. Just unsure how to go about it as i have a gwerks 4 branch that also needs fitting, and it looks like a bit of a b/\stard to fit.

Im not confident that the exhaust would cause the problem though as a mate had a badly blowing manifold at the head, and there was no problem at all. Also ive run without the lambda and the issue is still there.

I wonder if there is a weak valve spring(s)... :scratch: but it's very intermittent.

Nah, removed the cat years ago Stu :salute: The car ran fine for a good while after it was removed too.

Tbh im not even that bothered about this problem now (used to cause me sleepless nights!) so i just put up with it, but it is still niggling me as it just happens now and then.

Neil.

Was gonna suggest a blocked CAT...not that then :(

It's intermittent then? If so, could be a dodgy plug connection/wiring...

you say youve replaced everything but the wiring loom....kinda suggests theres something going on there doesnt it

think id prob swap it over ...or at least take it all out and strip it back and have a good poke round

Thing is, I really have checked all sensors/wiring resistances/voltages/earths etc through the whole engine bay loom. And everything seems fine. Plus, it will only ever happen once warm. While cold, it revs up like a good un, nice and cleanly.

Tis the most weirdest/longest running problem i've ever had the displeasure of knowing about!

Im building a new engine anyway :lol: So when i get around to it, ill build a new loom too probably.

So if anyone has an audi 3A bubble block, let me know...Already got a head to play with. 8)

Neil.

I have a 3a sir.

:)

You do? For sale? Details please mate :D

I don't need a head or pistons, but the bottom end needs to be damage free.

Although, are you in Reading?

It is damage free.I wouldn't mention it otherwise. :)

Yes i'm in Reading.

But I could give it to a friend at the stealth rolling road day.

He lives In Lancashire.

I'll have to check that it isn't an imposition for him.

I'll take pics etc 2morrow.