Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

convertible corrado

Just got out of the water after surfing tonight and i thought i saw a convertible corrado pulling out of saunton sands car park

could not get changed quick enough to follow

are there any about or was i just seeing things?

seeing stuff i reckon. ive heard there is the one and only at Karrman. but Tempest, Jim and crew that went over there this weekend will know.

i suppose i could still of had salt water in my eyes!

funningly enough though my mate who lives in cornwall reckons he has seen one and it was the same colour i have just seen

jeez!

if i saw one (or i thought i did) from a distance,I'd turn into linford christie :p

oh and it couldve always been a custom job,but im sure we'd have all heard of it by now

quite a few early 90's tuning companies did Convertable versions of the Corrado with the Zender one being the famous one, and the Karmann one which is in the factory being another.

IIRC there were a few Zender ones made in the end, so your seeing one is possible... 8)

I've seen pics of one that lives up near North Queensferry, its a red VR that some guy has had converted himself. My mate saw it when he was there and got talking to the owner, apparently he only uses it in summer and he's owned it almost from new, its completely standard apart from the roof conversion. My friend told him about my C and the forum and the owner said he 'wasnt in to all that stuff'..... its a pity cos it was stunning!!! I'll see if my mate still has the pics on his phone he can send me and i'll post em up..... :)

What was the surfing like? I go there occasionally and its a long fecking way from the water to the car park! Never seen a c there tho.

What was the surfing like? I go there occasionally and its a long fecking way from the water to the car park! Never seen a c there tho.

depends if the tides in, if its out it is a hell of a long way