Sign in to follow this  
dr_mat

VR6 crank sensor probs ** Now Dastek/Unichip probs!

Schrick supply the vacuum gubbins in their kits, but all it is is a purge resevoir, a solenoid (standard vag part) and a length of hosing. The VSR would have had similar, if not exactly the same.

Hi mat, just doing some research as I have exactley the same prob on my VR na dmy first thought was it is probably the crank sensor as you also suggested.

My VR stutters, when under acceleration, and is also not idling as well as it used to, how can you be 100% tho it is the crank sensor? I dont have VAGCOM, will taking it to the stealers be a good idea?

cheers

FWIW I'm 100% that it's NOT the crank sensor (in my case).

Two reasons:

- motor electrician says crank sensor signal is clean, clear and sharp, at the sensor

- VAG-COM is clean + error free when chip is bypassed

Ok, having driven the VR for a week or more with the unichip bypassed it's running great, so I spoke to Vince and we agreed it's got to be the unichip that's faulty. He's going to replace it when I'm up next time.

Now all I need is a set of Corrado VR6 goodridge bloody hoses. Apparently the factory are all on holiday or something ... ?!

Now all I need is a set of Corrado VR6 goodridge bloody hoses. Apparently the factory are all on holiday or something ... ?!

I got some last week but they sent me the old style ones without the plastic covers...

I was up at Stealth yesterday and i'm faitly sure Vince has stock of the Mk3/ABS style hoses (they had 4 lines hanging on display anyway and you'll need the conversion hoses at the back if you go mk4?)

dr_mat said

Now all I need is a set of Corrado VR6 goodridge bloody hoses.

Make sure you get ones with the right ends - I was sent wrong ones despite specifying what the car was.

You may have to give details/photo of the caliper type to get the correct kind.

A mechanic can fit the wrong kind "OK" and you may not know the difference, but my expert local garage man knew the seating of the ones first issued was technically wrong and insisted I got the correct version.

Goodridge were not very helpful afterwards when I described the saga but supplying agent Ian Goldie of C.A.M. developments (Potters Bar) was extremely so.

I got his number from Star performance up here, but Ian says he is not normally the supplier to individual customers. Tel 08700 780517 mailto:[email protected] - http://www.camauto.com.

Hope this may help you from having a problem.

Iain

Stealth were trying to get them for me, but their suppliers have been failing to deliver them for months...

Thanks for the info.