Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Mixed opinions from the US on my car and Bens car.

Sorry but I'm not liking your new wheels at all, but the rest looks good.

Bens interior looks flippin awesome! First time I've seen them both completed.... well done the pair of you :-)

Cheers Kev.

I don't expect everyone to like them and I am very fussy with wheels, there are very few I like. The ones I do like I have owned and grown out of. I love them which is what matters! :)

Jay

LOL they were getting in a pickle until you guys came along & cleaned be posted up lol

I like both yr cars.. both have unique mods & bits other people would either like to do or brag abt doing & never do!!

well done guys!

Americans - colours, sorry colors, are just way too complex for them!!

Personally i've got nothing but respect for guy's on vortex. The prep, quality and innovation of the cars they build is awe inspiring. I'm sure you've seen the bodywork on Russell car developing or the engine prep on Doctor T's car and the semi-space framed rear engined 24V turbo. These are home built projects!! Their not stupid.

OMG half of them dont even know wat TVR is???? lol!!!!

Oh well as long as you like it thats all that matters and i like the way ben said "it me sitting behind the wheel" lol, notice half of them changed there mind once you guys had come on lol

@ Lee I was not having a pop just indulging in some light hearted banter, it is pretty obvious that they are two different colour cars.

I thought it was obvious as I was taking the pi$$ out of the way they spell colour but it must have lost something in 'on-screen' format. :)

@ Lee I was not having a pop just indulging in some light hearted banter, it is pretty obvious that they are two different colour cars.

I thought it was obvious as I was taking the pi$$ out of the way they spell colour but it must have lost something in 'on-screen' format. :)

yeah, i know mate just balancing the debate. It was turning to a "dumb americans" thread thought point out they do far better conversions than the UK, remember the triple turbo VR6.

forums are for opinions just because somebody doesnt like something doesnt make it wrong and vice versa

although you do find on forums the weaker will follow the strongers opinion

i think both cars show massive dedication and skill and i like them but i could and am in awe of the dedication and skill involved in some cars but i dont like them

so on that level i think their uninformed opinions are a little short sighted

i imagine bill and jay dont give a $h*t because they built what they have for themselves

dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks, theres a reason why american corrado's are styled differently to UK ones, and why dubbers on the continent do it differently again. As jay quite rightly points out in the vortex thread, 'vettes arent that rare in the states so seeing a corrado with 'vette wheels isnt that big a deal where as over here i doubt many people have seen a corvette on the road let alone taken note of its wheels or thought about putting them on their car. As for the TVR interior, think back to what you thought the first time you saw one in a TVR, its such a massive departure from any other interior that they're bound to be a bit shocked/confused by it in a corrado if they've not seen one before. I dont think they're being short sighted in the comments they're making, i think they're just coming at the whole styling thing from a different angle to us so opinions are bound to differ.

no mate you got me wrong, they'r opinion on the styling doesnt matter, short sighted that they cant appreciate the skill involved in both cars

IMO 2 truley awesome cars, they both display top quality workmanship without going over the top!!

Those 'Vette rims...I want!!

Top work guys, keep it up!!

I think half the problem with the TVR dash is that it does not come across too well in pictures, it looks awesome in the flesh but photos tend to distort the proportions of the dash and it can look a bit OTT and odd.

Everyone has made some good points and as always with all things styling it comes down to an individuals personal taste.