Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Alooy wheels!

Im am looking to get a set of 17" alloy wheels. Will i get away with 17s without experience any rubbing of the arches or it affecting the speedo? If it does affect speedo or archs, what is the max size?

Also will a 17" alloy with tyre fit in the well of the boot where the current spare is? if not what does everyone else do with it? just leave it in the boot?

Cheers

205x40s and rims of the correct offset don't cause any rubbing or speedo issues mate.....OK, if you want nit pick, you speedo will under read 1.5%, which is well within the 10% allowed tolerance.

17" in the boot.....not had to do that yet but I'd imagine it won't fit in the space saver hole. It might fit in a car with a full size spare hole tho.

Putting in the boot is a luxury these days! Spare a thought for boxster and TT drivers....their 18s have to go on the passenger seat :-)

if you make sure you get 205/40/17 tyres you should be fine with 17's at the correct offset. the overall diameter/radius of the wheel and tyre will be almost identical to a 15" wheel with a standard size tyre (55mm sidewall i think?) so it wont effect the speedo.

what flavor corrado have you got? i got a 16" in the spare wheel 'hole' in my old valver without any issues, so i'd have thought a 17 would fit too since like i say they should be the same size witht he right profile tyres, but like kev says, i doubt a 17 wouls go in the spacesavers hole on later C's.

And if the rolling radius is the same it will fit in the boot, although you will not be able to put the carpet on top of it if you had a space saver.

Its likely to make your speedo more accurate, mine still over reads 1-2mph (compared to gps) with 205/40/17 tyres

Its a G60 lads, i dont think ill be lowering it either, the trim under the front bumber already scrapes on the ground over some speed bumps as it is. Anyone recommend any niiiice wheels? ideally wanting some 5 spokes. I like the BBS (which are already on, in a sorry state i might add) but they take alot of looking after and are a pain in the jacksey to clean properly. Thats why im avoiding them this time.

Well they might not be 17's.. but if you want a simple yet good quality 16" 6 spoke which are easy to clean, I used to have 16" Speedline Comp2's on mine.. pic:

sweetg60.jpg

hmmmm not bad actually yeah. I like em. dont want something too fancy simple yet effective jsut like those.

Send the pics in lads. like to see more examples!!!!

8)

I think when you put 17's on the car sits too high unless you lower it a bit (as in Kevs sig pic)

205/40/17 is actually 20mm bigger in diameter than the stock 195/50/15's you should have. The speedo tells you you're going a little faster than you are which isn't a bad thing IMO

Jim, your G60 looks amazing in that pic !!

Have a look here to compare sizes etc..........

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

My mates RX-8 doesn't even come with a spare, he just gets a Mazda repair kit! I always thought a spare was part of the MOT, and anyhow a repair kit isn't much good if he has a complete blow-out.

mmmm dont reaeeeeeeallly need to i imagine, the rolling radius aint gonna be massively different,

would you be interested in a part ex on my 17s??!?!?!?!?!?!

your after 17s, im after a set of BBS crosswire 15s that need a refurb........

hmmm sound very keen to get rid of em especially when youreafter a set of bbs that NEED refurb? btw i realised to day either its being nicked or fallen off but on the n/s rear wheel the bbs centre has gone. centre cap still there though. How much would you sell wheels for if you were going to sell em. what actually are they, whats reason for sale? and i dunno if theyre crosswires but theyre what came with G60 orig

nope

in wolverhampton mate

bought the car to use as a race car so i just plain dont need 17" rims, thats the reason for sale

what are the tyres like on your bbs'? - whatever wheels i bought they would be repainted to suit my scheme of things.

i suppose around £100 and your wheels if your tyres are all legal would be about reet unless anyone reckons different?!

just bought 2 part worn front, loads of tread on fronts and rears. Hmmmm id have to see. can you post more pics of your wheels? Need to see properly if theyre what im looking for mate