Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

CorradoVR6-n.o.s's VR6 Turbo,,now sold :(

James, this is looking very impressive! What power are you hoping for when it's all done (LSD etc)?

The cha-cha-cha sound is not a bad thing, why do you think it is?

It's a normal phenomina and comes from the way air works under compression, the waste gate creates this flutter in conjunction with the dump valve, in the same way a fart sounds like a rasp instead of a smooth release of air, you do not need to vent the air off as quick as you say Kev as all this tends to do is leave the turbo working harder to build up the pressure needed again and extending the lag factor, hence the introduction of anti-lag systems on rally cars etc.

Plus it arouses my loins and gets me excited and it's far more a seductive sound than a chavvy Tishhhhhhh on every throttle back-off or gear change.

Chris

I have no idea about the workings of dumpvalves......what i do know for a fact is that Smart car have advised against pple fitting dump valves to their Smart cars as so many engines have been ruined as a result.....!

The cha-cha-cha sound is not a bad thing, why do you think it is?

It's a normal phenomina and comes from the way air works under compression, the waste gate creates this flutter in conjunction with the dump valve

I read it in PPC this month, some bloke was very matter of factual that wastegate flutter doesn't exist, it's air backing up onto the compressor wheel, which is what the cha cha cha noise is, and PPC didn't disagree with him! I'm talking at around 2000rpm, way before the WG spring opens, so I went along with that theory.

Mine made that "cha cha cha" noise even when the Waistgate and BOV was not plumbed up so they did not cause that noise so im also thinking it must be compressed air once throttle is shut off is backing up air to the turbo and trying to stall/slowing it down?

Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! ARSE Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! ARSE Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! Feck !!! .................

ARSE!!!!!!!!

Just got the injectors in,started up sounds good revs clean and ran it up to temp to go for a spin in four months,look inside and see steam belching out the sunroof!

Fecking Matrix!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ok ive got JD,Bullet,Vodka...yip its the JD for me tonight! :x

This rado is going to be amazing... Will this be the most powerful in the UK when its done? ;)

I'd just get smashed and forget all about it for one night! :(

Oh no! I think she's testing your loialty :?

Seriously though, that's a proper slap in the face. Just keep pressing on.

what a complete b******d, all that hard work, for the matrix to blow on ya just as your about to roll out for the first time in ages.

bet you end up getting well :drinking: tonight James.

karl

Arse. There's always something with these cars isn't there!!

Wait until that thing spools up on the road, you'll grin from ear to ear.....:-)

Yip that's cars for you! Never mind,rather it happen standing in the workshop instead of blinding me on the road!

Took out the dash and replaced the matrix,fitted dash back in 80% done but cant be arsed to finish it off tonight so I went for a spin!

It was smooth very smooth,considering it runs a supercharger map!,boost started to spool around 3200rpm mark and was full boost by 3800rpm,pretty good for the size of the turbo! It only boosted to a crummy 7psi when I asked for a 11psi spring from ATP!! :?

Still went ok,not as the charger did at 11psi but im going to fit a manual boost controller for now to get the same Psi as before so it should be fun. :mrgreen:

Quite happy,no leaks inside and all hum drrum...fingers crossed! :-P

DSCN0515.jpg

Nice big hole !

DSCN0518.jpg

The bastard matrix!!

DSCN0517.jpg

2 hours,not that bad then...oh and there is no way this can be done in place like some say .

DSCN0519.jpg