Sign in to follow this  
lukeage

Cleaning strips

Guys & Girls,

I cam across a post a while back where someone had a suggestion on how to clean off wax from the roof and side strips of black plastic.

I can't find it anywhere :( Anyone recall the post or could make a suggestion?

Ta,

Luke

Use a clay bar, it was the only bit of my car that benefitted from the claying but it has made a big difference to my rubbery trim bits

so you can use the clay bar on the plastic trims? ive noticed that my trims have become very grey with wax residue, so i can use the clay bar directly on the trims with the bottle of stuff ( ive only got my clay bar and havent used it yet)

Don't sue back to black.

Cheper option than a clay bar is Auto Glym - cant remember which one it is but something like Vinyl and Rubber protector, it gives them a shine, and you can use it on yur dash, and tyres. It doesnt come off like tyre black or back to black.

Don't sue back to black.

Cheper option than a clay bar is Auto Glym - cant remember which one it is but something like Vinyl and Rubber protector, it gives them a shine, and you can use it on yur dash, and tyres. It doesnt come off like tyre black or back to black.

Does it lift off wax as well - i have quite a bit caked up in area's from where the previous owner seemed to wax the whole car.

Yeah, should do. Give it a try, I used that, and Auto Glym Tar remover to get rid of the rubstrip glue marks on my mate's Corsa.

Sure - np just noticed that as well :oops:

Its giving a everyone a scroll bar at the bottom of the browser window, which i noticed is enough to do anyones head in.

The answer that you are looking for is smooth peanut butter. Check out the other tread about this. It works and leaves the cleaned areas black and the white deposits don't come back as it removes the wax from the grain of the plastic.

The best one is the cowgate baby and toddler brand - apply it with a farleys rusk to insure a supple but defined finish.