Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

electric windows

as long as i have had my current corrado i can only operate one electric window at a time (opening and closing), not really a problem but when locking the car you have to wait for both windows to close one after the other,

is this normal :? ??

This is normal on the c, if you lock the car with the key and hold it in the turned position the sunroof and windows will close and the drivers window always closes last.

happens to me also.

on the same subject, my full closure alarm will only shut one window and then set itself. so if i have both open and get out I either have to put one or both window/s up and then set alarm. Im guessing this is caus my sunroof is knackered and disconected? or is there a simple fix?

It may be that the timed output on your alarm is not set for a long enough duration to close both windows.

What make of alarm do you have?

on that last point, try closing the windows by turning and holding the key in the lock (if not delocked). If the drivers one still doesn't close then it could be because the sunroof is disconnected.

Its bizarre this, they're all like it I know, why would a car with only two windows need a window control unit and even then only be able to operate one at a time? My old Golf used to close all four windows and the sunroof at the same time on full closure, looked dead impressive. Whats wrong with a motor and a switch in each door...

mmm,looks like ive got another problem with mine then :lol:

both windows go up on the key,but the sunroof dosnt close,any ideas?

neil.

the reason behind the windows only working one at a time is simple.

VW were being cheap...

...seriously... They used a gauge of cable for the main +ve wiring to the Corrado's fuse box (can't remember what it is) and within the box which is adaquate for powering all of the car's electrical systems at once, but only one electric window before you go over the ampage which the cable is safe for... :roll: The electric window motors are the highest power drain item on the car excluding the starter (which kicks in the X-relay/load reduction relay anyway so doesn't count! ;) )

...sadly, it's true though... :|

Over the years they've cut corners almost as much as most other manufacturers, and this was one of 'em...

Well at least they got the car to handle well, only one window going up at a time is a price worth paying. :lol:

A little of topic but while we are on the subject of electric windows does anyone know how exactly the 'one touch' is supposed to work?

My G plate has one touch up and down drivers side but only down on the passengers side.

2cc's VR and 16v have no one touch up or down and I think NickVr6's windows do down but not up. Does anyone know what they are supposed to do.

Mr Ots. bangt on with the sunroof self closure, I think its a post facelift thing.

the one touch thing changed around the time of the interior facelift.

What your G plater does is correct for the earlier cars (also, if you get one to start on the way down from the drivers switches and then tap down on the other window, it'll open that one fully too once it's opened the first one ;) )

The later ones only went down as VW (and most other manufacturers) nobbled their control systems to stop kids killing themselves/trapping parts of their bodies in the electric windows by accident. Some companies opted for a sensor system which stops the window when it hits an obstruction, but by and large most companies just stopped providing an "auto up" function...

If you haven't got auto down on your late car (some early 16Vs got retro-fitted power windows which didn't have a control box, they were just switches which controlled the motors) then there's probably a dead connection to the window control brain...

My 92 C has some earlier parts and some later. The sunroofs didn't close til the later dash was put in so late 92/93 (K reg)

Ollie

I've got a change-over C (early 92) and it's got the earlier electrics - so one-touch up and down on drivers, one touch down on passenger and no one-touch or full closure on the sunroof. Is it possible to get one-touch up working on the passenger window, and is it possible to get full closure on the sunroof? Would it work if I fitted a later sunroof motor and switch? Or is there just perhaps a control module that would do this?