Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Need a Video of the VR6 Corrado being put through its paces.

Integras may be qiocker, and better handling, but they dontsound as cool, and nowhere near look as good!!! ;)

They plainly just aren't special enough :twisted:

The UK DC5 Type R has no LSD, same with the UK EP Civic Type-R. The JDM versions do.

The DC2 however is well known as being one of the best handling FWD cars out there, and one of the best "driver's cars" you can buy. I have never driven one, but I have been in my mates JDM (different front end) one, ut that was turbo'd so I can't comment. Sounded nice though, VTEC, Turbo whistle, and an external wastegate!

Back to topic though...

TBH I don't think you can compare the two cars for handling. Although the're both "Sports Coupe's" i think they are aimed at different markets. The Type R is more of an out and out sports car, whereas the Corrado is more of a GT I think, you wouldnt be able to make long journeys in the Type R regularly, unless you could put up with it.

My tuppence.

Hang on a sec there, I thought the corrado is one of the best handling front wheel drive cars ever? - but the integra is better??

Path to the darkside Integra is... :vamp:

The UK DC5 Type R has no LSD, same with the UK EP Civic Type-R. The JDM versions do.

I dont think there ever has been a UK spec DC5, the one without the LSD is the stripped out track spec model, cant remember the name. UK spec DC2's have an lsd that works in a very similar way to a quaife.

Hang on a sec there, I thought the corrado is one of the best handling front wheel drive cars ever? - but the integra is better??

The Corrado was the best handling front wheel drive car when it was out, the DC2 Type R surpassed it when it was released.

A DC2 Type R is a car that I will be seriously considering buying when I no longer have the VR6.

It's all subjective though. I've driven an import current shape Integ, the one with 218hp and 143lb/ft, is that the DC 5? It's way, way better than the Civic Type R, (which I've also driven) because aswell as that LSD, it also has old fashioned fluid power steering and not the nasty electric PAS the Civic has. Each corner of both cars is fully independant as Joe says.

The Integ also has brembos at the front and far better interior than the Civic, if you like red front seats and black rear ones that is.

The Integ is very stiffly sprung as standard, but not crashy so is instantly confidence inspiring. The interior quality of the DC5 is extremely good too and they've taken several weight saving measures inside, including the speakers!! Have a look at one and you'll see what I mean. They sound sh1t though.

The DC5 isn't 'leagues ahead' of my particular Corrado in terms of handing, it's a little better yes, but not night/day better. I have an LSD also and can be felt on both cars although I feel the integ's is slightly more aggressive mid bend than the Quaife. Standard DC5 (or any integ) v standard VR6, yes, the integ will trounce it easily on handling.

I dont think there ever has been a UK spec DC5, the one without the LSD is the stripped out track spec model, cant remember the name. UK spec DC2's have an lsd that works in a very similar way to a quaife.

The Corrado was the best handling front wheel drive car when it was out, the DC2 Type R surpassed it when it was released.

A DC2 Type R is a car that I will be seriously considering buying when I no longer have the VR6.

The UK Spec is either out now, or soon, i read that it had no LSD.