Sign in to follow this  
Riley

g60 cc removal and pully query :?

today i removed the cc,i just left the pipes in place incase it caused problems,blocked em off obviously though,and put the breather pipe through a hole in the inner wing.

cant really say theres any difference at all,apart from :!:

a strong smell of fuel :? is this normal?

next,pullys :? i used to have a 70mm pully(blue anodised) and when the charger went away for full blend,i asked for a 68mm pully to be fitted.

thing is,what size is it? :? please see pics and tell me what you think.

old one measures:67mm on the ribbed bit and 70mm on the outside.

new one measures:67mm on ribbed bit and 73mm on outside :?

what the?

cheers kev 8)

was wondering where the breather pipe actually went to?

is it the filler neck? could i disconnect it there instead?

neil.

Yeah the tank vent pipe comes from the tank mate. If you lift the round cover in the boot, you'll see the hose. You could always hang it up in the rear arch with a foam block on the end of it, which is what MK2 Golfs had.

Can't answer your pulley questions tho! The only pulleys I know about are the ones used in my physics classes at school :-)

Route the breather back into the bottom of the air box straight away..8.5mm hole is all thats needed.

the pulleys are measured across the ribbed section and the one you have is definatly a 68mm.

Route the breather back into the bottom of the air box straight away..8.5mm hole is all thats needed.

That's a good idea. I was going to try that on my VR but I'll have to find another way as I don't have an airbox anymore.

the pulleys are measured across the ribbed section and the one you have is definatly a 68mm.

ahh,will it be beneficial to route breather to airbox? what effect will it have? im thinking,hole with a rubber grommet to hold it in?

ill do it tommorow 8)

and darren are they both 68mm pullies then? :?

so i didnt need to buy one?!

billinjahg60, i did take a pic but it didnt turn out m8. :(

if you look at the second to last attatchment its the bottom pipe in the plastic holder jobby.

neil. :)

8.5mm is an interferance fit for the breather pipe... "Is it benifical?" Well do you really think that smelling fuel is a nice Idea ?

darren,did you get up out of the wrong side of the bed :flower:

i do like the smell of optimax actually :p ,i mean is it good for the car?

is it good to have fuel fumes going through the charger?

or would it be better to link the pipe upto the throttle body maybe?

and what about the feckin pullies!

im a little annoyed tbh,spent £800 quid that i didnt have,looks like ive got the same size pully,a charger that makes the same boost,a chip that didnt work,still waiting for new one,still waiting for receipts for the work....

I don't think linking it to the TB would be a good idea, i'm not sure what the effects of supplying the fuel tank with boost would be?

the fuel breather MUST NOT be pressurised or subjected to vacuum, so connecting it anywhere other than to an air filter (be it an aftermarket one as Kev suggests, or to the airbox as Daz suggests) is not a good idea...

If you can smell petrol, then you have an explosive gas floating around in your engine bay... not a good idea... :|

isnt it normally fed into the t-body though,after its been in the cc m8?

edit:ian,ah so it shouldnt be vaccumised then,im guessing thats how the cc worked? to store it in a non vaccum type thing and to feed it in at its own pace or something?

ill just stick it in the air box. 8)

via a valve which stops the tank getting pressurised with boost or getting affected by the vacuum the engine produces, yes... ;)

well im learning anyway :lol:

so no bad effect on the charger? sorry for asking,just like to know after having it rebuilt and wotnot.

I've had my tank breather in the air box on my G60 with no bad effects for over 2 years now... 8)

i thought the same m8,its just to free up the big hole that the cc sits in i think,for more cold air?

Why? 'cos it's got a shit load of pipes that mess up your engine bay and can leak causing the engine to run like crap... it does nothing after 10years + of use... and finally, yeah, 'cos it gives you a nice big hole to use as a cold air feed route... ;)

i put the breather pipe into the airbox today after seeing gavin who's a sound guy 8)

drilled a hole,sat a rubber grommet in,push pipe in,job done 8)

any more thoughts on the pully issue?

neil.

i put the breather pipe into the airbox today after seeing gavin who's a sound guy 8)

drilled a hole,sat a rubber grommet in,push pipe in,job done 8)

any more thoughts on the pully issue?

neil.

Whats your thoughts on the pulley issue then niel...

The way i see it is that you didnt think you had a 68mm pulley on there so you brought one and then relised you allready had one..."correct??"

Why not sell one of them to recoup some of your outlay or if your not happy with the work/ parts that have been issued to you get on to the company that supplied them to you ?? ...

I didnt get out of the wrong side of bed (id hit the wall if i did) its just you dont want to mess about with petrol / fumes etc as it could be potential killer.

Whats your pulley issue dude?

As darren said you measure it across the top ov the grooves ( the shiney bit on your blue pulley)

Gavin please dont leave us! :cry: