Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

What you know about the Supra

NA mate i did too many miles at the time to get TT , really nice car , smooth power delivery, nice cruiser

boot is as big as the glove compartment :-)

it was quick but it felt longer legged than the rado (gearing?), i can only imagine the TT is mental and very thirsty , the rado is much better on petrol

very comfy car , less focussed than the c

GIXXERUK, nice supra you had there,if i was in the market to replace my corrado then the supra tt would be top of the list

What's the standard specs? They're about 300hp aren't they?

I only really like the standard ones in silver with standard wheels. Seen to many Fast and Furious ones with silly tail pipes, which ruins it imo.

I think a lot of the serious Supra tuners chuck the skyline GTR engine in as it can take a lot more power than the Supra lump. I also hear some people lose the twin turbos and fit one bigger one :-)

More boost ;-)

The way twin turbos work is to have one piddly one for quick spool up and a bigger one for top end....or sometimes you can have two medium ones the same size, but IIRC, the Supra uses the latter configuration.

Dumping the two smaller ones for one bigger one puts less restriction into the exhaust and you can wind the wick up and get more power.

What's the standard specs? They're about 300hp aren't they?

UK is 326bhp standard (0-60 in 4.9), jap N/A is 220bhp and jap TT is 276bhp. All are capable of handing 800bhp+, but you're right to get reliable mega-power most tuners stick the skyline lump in. Although, and I'm not 100% on this, the Top Secret demo car was pushing over 1000bhp with the supra engine.

Some single turbo cars for sale here.