Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

The Corrado returns

Looks very nice, they will have to pull out all the stops tho if it is to rei supreme, so any estimates on the price of the VR6 Rivo?

I'm sad to admit, but by the time it comes out, I would rather fork out on a 350Z or a Boxster S, but Im sure it will be a great car.

Some more news on this one:

90% likely that it's going to be called a Mk3 Rocco ...

It's going to be built in Wolfsburg, NOT by Karmann in Osnabrück :cry: That's it then for me, that isn't a Rocco or a Rado :-(

Engine power: 140-280 bhp (the latter suggesting VR6 territory, i.e. heavy engine in probably heavy car :-( What happened to the 800 kg with a nice juicy roaring 100 bhp engine in the original Mk1 Rocco? That one probably has more bhp per kg than the new one :lol:).

More stuff in this thread (scroll down to the article copied from the Auto-Bild, yes the same peeps that goofed up with the recent Merc S-Class with assisted fog braking crash test :lol:): http://forum.rowi.net/read.php?f=2&i=105345&t=105345

Tempest

I think what you are on about is this?

That link has been going round on a few forums, but it's not the one I'm referring to.

My sources are straight from Germany :-)

Tempest

with appologies to whoever it was that scanned the original, heres a composite of the scans on the site Tempest is talking about. Theres a VERY familiar line running down the side of the car, I really like it just for that reason!

If that actually comes to fruition and looks like that, then I'll probably be buying one. I love the structural integrity and handling of current VWs, so to have that and those looks would be perfect :-)

Hmm, doesn't actually look too bad. A little lardy maybe, but if it's got a mentalist engine, it should sell well :)

I do like the rear quarters - I wonder if it has a nice hiney too? :lol:

wonder if I'll be able to swing one as my company car by then?!? If it's in RX8 territory then I should be able to! 8) 8) 8)

I wonder if it has a nice hiney too?

Good enough?

BTW: Trainspotters amongst you will ntocie the Mk1 Scirocco characteristic "ducks tail" rear spoiler, as well as the C-pillar and a few otherd esign aspects that were all first introduced on the Mk1 Rocco.

Hence it does NOT look like a Rado (as Rados themselves despite VWs numerous denials are styled after the original Mk1 Rocco), but more like a Mk1 Rocco.

Tempest

Edit: pic thumbnailed ;) - dinkus

Well it is a nice piece of work - i'm surprised there is no mention of a V6 engined version yet though.

Unless they are gonna make a Scirocco R32 (or R36!) or something! :D

*edit* - lol - even my complete lack of German allows me to see that they write something about both of those engine types towards the end of the article! VW are so predictable sometimes! :)

Ok, so it does look pretty good. I dunno though, I just can't get that excited about it. Maybe this is the problem the Corrado had? :lol:

Hmm... nice.

Although why they inisist on stick the word GTI on anything they think is sporty is stil lbeyond me. People take one look and know it's sporty, why rub it in....