Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

Side Strips on a Yellow Corrado

My car is going in to get the paint work sorted out, and i am in a dilema as to whether to ditch the black side strips or not. Any thoughts?

My only concern is that the side strips break the colour up. I fear it may be 'too' yellow without anything down the sides?

Plus I am Mr factory looking and the strips are as VW intended.

What do you guys think?

Personally I'd keep them, as you say yourself it breaks up the colour a bit, but I think its a personal preference thing, so go with what you feel yourself.

the thing is I cant find any decent pictures of yellow corrados to base my opinion on. Anyone got any good examples of pics with the side strips and without?

wow.

I have struggled to find any nice pictures of a yellow corrado (yellow corrados seem to be not very photogenic), but that is lush!

What I might do is remove the strips and keep them, then if it doesnt look right I can always fit them later.

Got any more info on that one then?

I have to say I think the choice of wheel makes a massive difference to the look of a yellow corrado. The LMs are gorgous.

I dont know why but I think it draws your attention to the wheels

There is such a contrast between the yellow and the black that the alignment has got to be absolutely spot-on or it sticks out like a sore thumb, unlike with a dark paint colour, where a very slight mis-alignment is concealed.

I tend to be wary of removing factory fitted bits, and the strips most definitely save you from the carelessness of some of our fellow citizens.

Best wishes

RB

there was a yellow corrado g60 (i think) lowered nicely with the number plate recess cut out feeding an intercooler. There was a site with loads of pictures on and you could search by car type and colour, I think it was on there.

Somebody help me out!

nope not that one - keep looking :lol:

are you the yellow corrado man or something?! you must have an extensive database of pictures :lol: