Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

door handle removal!

open the door, locate the screw on the edge of the door, above the catch, thats in line with the handle and unscrew it. the back of the handle should now be loose and it will slide forwards allowing you to pull the back out, then slide back again to get the front out. Not sure if G60's have the same wire on the handle that the VR's do, but if so you'll need to take the doorcard off and unplug it to get the handle totally off the car.

1) You need to remove the interior door panel first

2) Peal back the membrain

3) At the bottom about middle you will see the plug for the handle, undo that and push the cable back up into the door to slacken it

4) Then unscrew the bolt at the top on the side edge which releases the handle

5) Push the handle towards the front of the car, and gently pull the cable through

If you need to remove the handle completely from the car, you will need to pop the large black plactic cap from the side of the door. You should spot a split loop holding the cable to the inside of the door. Pop this off and the cable will become loose, allowing you to remove from the door.

I knew i should have taken some pictures and made a guide when i replaced my handles and catches :(

yeah some numpty tried undoing the screw and was actually tightening it so the head of the screw was rounded off. You dont have to take door panel off though

cheers for the heads up!!

gotta love the forum! noone thinks your stupid when you ask a question, everyone is very helpful and reply very quickly!

cheers for the heads up!!

gotta love the forum! noone thinks your stupid when you ask a question, everyone is very helpful and reply very quickly!

Exactly why I enjoy this place so much.